Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Sample Saturday: Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream: Review

Hello gentle readers.

Welcome to a new feature here on the old blog. Sample Saturday. As long as I have samples to try and natter about, I will try them and, each Saturday, natter about one.

Today I am going to natter about Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream. Benefit claims that this eye cream contains a peptide complex that is known to help restore elasticity and firmness to the skin. A hydrating blend of botanical extracts including apple extract, which helps boost collagen production, and loquat extract which helps to protect the skin from free radical damage. Further claims are that this eye cream fades dark circles and helps smooth fine lines for brighter, younger looker eyes. This eye cream is fragrance free.


This was a fairly generous sample. It lasted me five days, morning and evening use. Not bad, for a little paper and foil pack sample.

Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream is very thick, upon first application it feels rich and emollient and moisturizing. It sinks swiftly into the skin, leaving it feeling soft and non greasy. My makeup went on over this eye cream smoothly and looked fresh and pretty.  Unfortunately, for me, personally, the moisturizing effect didn't last all day. After a few hours, my under eye area began to feel and look a bit parched and my fine lines were enhanced, rather than reduced or softened.

This eye cream had zero effect on my dark circles. I didn't expect it to do anything for them. It was, after all, just a sample. And, my dark circles are legen... wait for it.. dary and there is no way any eye cream, especially a sample is going to fade them.

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream is a very nice product. I do believe that it was designed for younger, less dry skin types with fewer aging challenges that I presented to it. If you are younger, don't have as dry skin, the challenges my peepers present to an eye cream, Benefit It's Potent! Could be lovely skin care for you and I encourage you to give it a whirl.

Benefit It's Potent! is available in a one half ounce glass jar and retails for $34.00 and you can purchase it anywhere you can find Benefit products.

Have you tried Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream? Do you use it? What do you think of it? If not this what is your favorite eye cream? Please do tell.

Thank you so much for swinging by on your Saturday and reading my nattering on this week's sample and have a beautiful weekend.

24 comments:

  1. I think it is for younger skin that doesn't need as intense intervention as my dried out old hag face does. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think eye cream SHOULD work for us dried-out old hag types! Young folks shouldn't need it. This is a great idea for a blog post, maybe I'll steal it and try getting through some of my own hoards of samples...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same sample as you about a year ago and it did work for me I think, I do believe that my under eye dark circles faded a little bit, but I haven't used it again so I'm not sure whether it would have lasting effects. However, that is the only thing I expected from it since I don't have dry skin around my eyes, but I do have really dark under eye circles. Thanks for the review, it's interesting to see that something that might have worked for me didn't work for other people, like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the full size for Christmas, but haven't got around opening it - too many to finish first - so I have no idea how it works. My skin isn't too dry, it's more oily, but I hope it brightens the under-eye area at least a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Barney Stinson reference ;) StriVectin has an awesome dark circle cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Products like this do need a bit more than a sample packet to see results, if any are to be seen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great. I would definitely want to try the sample before I purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wish sample products would give you more since it is so difficult to gauge how well they work in just one to two uses. Unless of course you're me and friggen have a reaction to everything. lol I love that you added this new feature. I used to do something like this on my old blog... but then I got really bad and forgot about it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever tried the Tarte Maracuja Eye Brightner eye cream? I use that currently and I love the effect it has on my under eyes. It is meant to be used at night though, and I am definitely on the hunt for a good day eye cream for the AM!

    www.myfairdaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a nice little handful of samples to go through so i can keep this going for a while. Hopefully I'll get more, in the meantime. We'll see what my budget has to say about it. :D This was a pretty generous sample, for a packet, it lasted me five days which was long enough for me to learn that this product wouldn't work for me, as it doesn't have enough moisturizing power for my very dry skin.


    If you are very sensitive, this may work for you, it is not scented but it does have a lot of botanicals and some essential oils. I'd test it, before applying it to your eye area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is nice, definitely worth trying out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy. I didn't realize. I feel like a rip off artist.


    This is definitely aimed at a younger, less dry skinned client. It doesn't have enough oomph for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely. I knew, just with the sample that it wouldn't be right for me as it didn't hold up through the day, as far as hydrating my skin. If it had hydrated and been able to keep my skin hydrated all day, I'd have picked up a jar and done a longer term test. The sample was plenty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks. :D


    I have heard about StriVectin. I am highly skeptical. But I may try it, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Since you aren't really dry, I do believe this will hydrate very nicely. As for brightening, I can't say. The sample I had didn't last long enough to give me a result in that area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't be silly, I wasn't the first one to come up with the name! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. All products are definitely YMMV. And I believe that different people who suffer from dark circles react to topicals differently. Mine are very deep and persistent. They don't want to be treated or covered and I can't sleep them away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay. I was going to contact you and see what you felt about it. I could have changed up the name. I'll keep it going, tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mine are like that too, there isn't a day when I don't have incredibly dark circles, they are the worst! Haha I'm still searching for a concealer that will cover them completely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a new fun series to add on :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D