Thursday, November 7, 2013

OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, Swatch and Review Plus... Bonus Sparkle!

Hello gentle readers.

I'll bet you thought that I was done with the OPI San Francisco Collection polishes, didn't you? Ha! That's what you get for thinking.

OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay is a stunning deep royal blue creme polish. Smooth, silky and so shiny, this is a wonderful addition to any polish collection. If you like blue polish, if you like a creme finish, you need OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay.

This swatch is two coats and is topped with Seche Vite.






I love this so much. The formula on this polish is as gorgeous as it is to look at. Smooth, easy to apply and control; there was no running, pooling on the edges of my nails, no flooding my cuticles, no stupid bubbles or streaking or dragging. Dry time is pretty decent. I have no complaints.

After I finished having fun with Keeping Suzi at Bay as it was, I decided to dive into my OPI stash and hauled out Simmer and Shimmer from the Burlesque Collection and I did a soft gradient then topped that with Gelous and more Seche Vite. It's kinda Rawr.






I love the glitters from the Burlesque Collection and I am so happy that I picked up a few, when they were available. I had to thin this polish before I used it. I have noticed that as these sit, they are really thickening up. No worries. That is what lacquer thinner is for.

What do you think of OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay? Do you own this gorgeous creamy dream? Are you thinking that you might like to have it? I think I saw it on the Ulta website and you should be able to find it where you buy OPI in your area. I'm sorry to torment you with Simmer and Shimmer. But there are a lot of beautiful fine, mixed colour glitters out there that will give you a very similar look.

Thank you so very much for popping in and reading and don't be a stranger. Come back, soon.

37 comments:

  1. Love that blue, probably won't pick it up though as it looks similar to a Nails Inc blue I already have

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't unique. I own other deep blue cremes. It's a good one, if someone is looking for a great one, tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colour! I bought Dating A Royal thinking it would look like this but I had trouble with it as it was a bit on the sheerer side at first coat. I love the Suzi series x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous blue! Reminds me of a sailor's outfit. Simmer and Shimmer looks like the sparkles are so fine, could you wear that color alone and build it up to opacity?

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo bonus sparkle! :) Pretty dusty deep blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love and want this blue! It looks even better with the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it with glitter on top, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm in LOVE with Keeping Suzi at Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful combo! Such a perfect Fall season blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that color and the top coat is fabulous. perfect for the Holiday season

    ReplyDelete
  11. That glitter rocks! It really is RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. I agree, this is beautiful for Fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that bonus sparkle is always a good thing. *nods wisely*

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is kind of a sailor blue. Yes, Simmer and Shimmer can be built up to opacity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should get this one, it's really fabulous. Colour, formula, application. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that gradient look and think it wou. l be perfect for the holidays, teach me how!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. :)


    I do believe that you have requested a tutorial. Granted. I'll have one up as soon as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty! Also love the top coat. wish i had that in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you put the glitter on the tips that way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, I think it added a little something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you. I am glad I got that glitter when it was available. Keep your eyes peeled at dusties and clearance bins and so forth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D