Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hallowe'en Nail Art

Hello gentle readers.

Yeah. I know. Weird, huh? Nail art three times in one month? What's going on around here? Have we slipped into a vortex? An alternate universe? Is someone running a fever, here? It's okay. Don't panic. Everything is okay, you are safe and sound where you are, normalcy (well, as close to normalcy as it gets, around here) reigns and you do not need to run to the medicine cabinet for Advil.

I had a little fun with skittle style nail art, the other day. Skittle style nail art is something I am kind of getting into, lately. I am developing a real taste for interesting, multifaceted designs, something fun on each nail, cohesive yet not matching. Yeah... I'm into it.

I started out by applying Orly Black Pixel to my index nail, two coats. No top coat. Orly Black Pixel is  a nice textured polish, I recommend it, if you haven't checked it out, yet. The rest of my nails went bright orange with Orly Orange punch.

My middle nail went dotty, spooky style with Wet-N-Wild Black Creme, China Glaze Snow and China Glaze Bizzare Blurple.

My ring finger is stamped with Wet-N-Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster plate # 224.

On my pinkie is a coat of Orly So-Go-Diva.

Everything is topped with a generous coat of Orly Matte Top Coat.




So, I have fallen in love with PicMonkey. (No, I am not affiliated, I wasn't asked or paid to mention them) I use it so much that I am actually seriously considering paying for their Royale membership. Funny enough, I have a free premium membership, all the bells and whistles at Ribbet and I rarely use it. I just love the Monkey. One of the fun things in PicMonkey is special effects, even the free version has a lot of great options and I got down and got funky with my spookified self.

Oh, hush up. It's been a rough morning. I was up at the ass crack of way too fucking early, I had a doctor's appointment, I had to fast, no coffee, no food, no water no nothing. I'm still a little hung over from that, lemme tell ya and my brain is a bit fried out. Plus, she shot a bunch of steroids in my ass and I think they are wreaking havoc with my thought processes. Even if they aren't, they are a convenient scapegoat. Work with me, here.

Isn't this version fun? Very vampire, no? I kind of dig it. Which version do you prefer?




I went crazy making holiday themed watermarks, too. Editing. Not my strong suit. Oh! Wait until Christmas time! #sorrynotsorry

Okay, I'm going to post this before it gets too late in the day. Please don't forget to let me know in the comments which version: Normal Old Broad or Glam Vamp you prefer.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading and have a wonderful day. I'm going to go finish my coffee and bagel and open my package from Stila. My eyeliners are here! Yay! Bye!

17 comments:

  1. Love it! You've totally inspired me to try some nail art for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That orange and black pumpkin nail is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steroids landed me in the hospital for six days this summer. They are not trivial. Best of luck and healing wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I need them. I have a sitsheeation that is in need of their assistance. Hopefully this injection and the oral course will straighten me out. I am not big on them but if they help me, in this case they are my bestest friend. So far, I am handling them well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. That was the easiest one, just a quick stampity-stamp. This is my fave Hallowe'en image, I try to use it at least once, each year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and yay! Advice? Keep it simple. Just go with what you know and can do successfully and enjoy, especially at first. Then slowly expand your range as your skills expand and you can do more I am not skilled at nail art or any art, for that matter! If I keep it simple and do what i know, my designs are far more successful and the overall look is better. If I try to get fancy, it gets ugly, fast. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vampire effect! I already told you I love the mani but now you've also sold me on PicMonkey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! You are so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, you are officially my favorite nail art person on the net... I LOVE this mani... I would never have the inkling to do some of the stuff you do! Genius! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome and yes, I totally agree with you about Pic Monkey - it's such a great service and I only use the free version, too. I'm sold on stamping - must get some supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. :) Isn't PicMonkey great? It took me a while to come to a full appreciation of it but I love it, now. You must stamp. So much fun. I need to do it more often. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, you are too kind. Thank you. I just keep it very simple and do what I know. There are some amazingly talented nail artists out there who I can't even begin to emulate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. The vamp effect was fun to do. PicMonkey made it so easy. You can really go to town there, sometimes i go so overboard, it's laughable. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D