Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

China Glaze Party Fowl and Flock Together Swatches and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have two of the new China Glaze On the Horizon polishes to share with you. These are Feathered Finish polishes, tiny, soft, matte bar glitters in coordinated colours are suspended in fluid base and when applied to the nails are supposed to look like feathers. And you know, they kind of do.

 I was skeptical about this collection, I saw it on a couple of blogs and I was going to pass on it because I mean, really... How much bar glitter does one girl need? One day I was in Sally's and I saw these polishes on a display and, curious, I picked up a bottle and started swirling it around and I was pulled in by the colours and movement of the bars and suddenly, I had to have the collection. The whole collection.

Good thing I had a coupon.

First up I have Party Fowl, a blend of black, blue and orange bars. I am not a bird expert but this reminded me of a picture of a bird I had seen not too long ago so I went digging for it and found it. The Superb Starling has similar colouring, don't you think?

I swatched China Glaze Party Fowl over my undies, one generous coat, topped with Gelous and Seche Vite.






Next we have China Glaze  Flock Together. This is a deeper, cooler mix of black, blue and green. This immediately reminded me of a Steller's Jay, a large, blue bird with black markings, a mohawk, a loud voice and plenty of attitude. There were jays all over the place where we lived in Nor Cal, growing up. When I was a kid, my brothers and I built simple feeders on the fence posts and put dog food on them and the jays would descend out of the pines and perch in squawking, arguing packs and gobble their treat then fly back up into the high branches and yell at us until we put more food on their platforms.

This is one generous coat of China Glaze Flock Together over undies topped with Gelous and Seche Vite.






The formula on these polishes is pretty nice. While it is basically a bar glitter, the bars are tiny and soft and flexible and they have movement and an almost organic feel. The base is very fluid and easy to work with, a combination of stroking and gentle placing will give a pretty even, somewhat opaque coat. Some of the polishes offer up a more opaque coat than others. You can easily add additional coats or just fill in here and there to get the look you desire. Dry time is good, these dry surprisingly smooth and one coat each of Gelous and Seche Vite made for a perfect, glassy finish.




What do you think of these two China Glaze On the Horizon polishes? Do you like them? Do they make you think of feathers? Birds? That I'm a little crazy? If you are into these, you should be able to find them where you buy China Glaze. I cleaned out my local Sally's and they claimed that they weren't getting any more. (Yeah.... Right... ) But I have seen these on Amazon, I imagine that you can find them at other beauty supplies, Ulta and the like.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading and have a terrific day.

20 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are so pretty. I recently tried a similar polish by Sally Hansen but was totally unaware that China Glaze offered them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these textured manis! The colors are the perfect blend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cleaned out my Sally's too, I bought the whole collection and I love every single one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not a huge fan of bar glitters but I don't mind these. They look really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. They are pretty. There are more colours coming up in future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are non bar glitter bar glitters. They are so tiny and soft and flexible that they don't behave like bar glitter.


    Anyone want to play a drinking game? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're hard to resist, once you get up close. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enjoying these textures, too. I like all of the colours in this collection. They are very cohesive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking at the Sally Hansen ones but I had already picked up the China Glaze and since the Sally Hansen were more expensive, I passed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really loving Party Fowl! I have to admit, i like these but I haven't gotten any of the many incarnations of this trend simply because I feel like if I got one I will need to buy ALL OF THEM. I really like glitter :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty! It reminds me of confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was my problem. I picked up one and I was a goner. I had to have all of the bottlez! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought 'Party Fowl' yesterday!!! I'm just trying to decide what to put under it to really make it pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could pop it with white, go neutral with tan. scream it with bright orange, tone it with one shade or other of blue. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used this last night... I started with a "orangish" shade under it and didn't like it (totally should have swatched it first, but I was impatient! LOL I opted for white for now! I did 2 coats as it went on uneven and thick the first one and it was late! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It takes a little getting used to. My experience with some of them was they were a little thin and sparse, others went on thicker. I found playing with then in a nail wheel before doing my nails made them easier to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D