Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Orly After Party: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Do you ever buy a polish, tuck it away in your untried polish stash and then a long time later finally haul it out and swatch or wear it? Well, that is what I did with this polish. Orly After Party was part of the Orly limited edition Summer neons collection. I don't know why I waited so long to haul this out and swatch it. I just do that, sometimes. I'll see it, think that it is time to swatch it, bring it out. look it over, think about it, put it back. Then, months later, do it again until I finally get it on my nails and in front of my camera.

Orly After Party is really beautiful. It is a black base packed with shimmer and microglitter in magenta, purple and blue. The consistency is a little like the Liquid Sand type polishes that are getting popular. This is an interesting formula, it is very fluid but feels sandy, kind of like polishing on paintable fine concrete. This is a one coat wonder and while it is easy to apply, I had a good deal of cleanup thanks to being over caffeinated and under fed. It dries satin, if you want it very shiny, top coat is necessary. I needed two coats of Seche Vite, as it is a thirsty little bugger. For the fun of it, I applied Orly Matte Top on my ring nail to see how this looks matte. I like it either way.





Did you pick up this pretty polish when it was available? What do you think of it? If you would like this, you could probably still find it here and there. It may be floating around in random beauty supply stores, on E-Bay or Amazon.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

5 comments:

  1. I do the same sometimes. Love this shade got it on a discount shop a while back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL I love getting a bargain, when I find something special at a bargain. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! I got it on sale at Sally's for like $2. I agree, the clean up was probably the worst part but it was so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you. I paid full price. :)


    I wouldn't have had so much cleanup if I hadn't been so careless about application. That is what I get for drinking so much coffee before painting. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D