Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Twisted Flaky Fun

Hello gentle readers.

I am rocking nubs, thanks to a series of unfortunate events that befell my poor nails. And dangit all anyway as I have swatching to do. Now, I am not adverse to swatching on nubbins but I prefer a little length to my nails for swatches; makes my nails and the polish look prettier, to me. So, while I await a little more length, I am enjoying my stash, going back and revisiting old friends who haven't seen much action, lately. And splashing on flakies. For some reason, I am really feeling the flakies.

This manicure was a fast and easy one. I already had base coat on, so I just slopped on a coat of Wet-n-Wild Black Creme (you don't need a review, you already know how great that polish is, I am sure) then a coat of Finger Paints Twisted. I topped it all with a coat of Gelous then a coat of Seche Vite. My one regret? The coat of Gelous. I liked how glossy and shiny it looked but the Gelous made this mani dry very slowly.





Ooo! Isn't that just one of the prettiest flakies? Photos don't do this full justice.

Okay, time for me to run along. Thank you for popping in. Have a great day, stay warm and may your polish never bubble.

14 comments:

  1. That is fantastically shiny. Love the flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually pulled out one of my flakies today! Have been wondering why my set has been lounging instead of being worn! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :)


    Aren't they great? I love all of the colours. I thought that my nails looked like black opals, with this combo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! soooo pretty :) looks very effective.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree this is SO pretty. Ot looks fab over the black base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree..this is my all time fav flakie - I have the entire collection from FP and there are some stunners in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have all of them, too. Don't regret buying any of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. So do I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That flakie polish is amazing! I really need to get some more flakie polishes... And a black polish, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flakies are fun. Color Club, Essie, Nubar... A lot of polish companies make nice ones. The multicoloured ones are harder to find, tho. My fave black polish is Wet n Wild Black Creme. It is inky black, if applied carefully is good in one coat, dries fast and looks great on it;s own, layered or as part of nail art. Oh, and it stamps great, too. And it's cheap. A buck or two a bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. This reminds me that I havnt used my flakes yet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D