Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Seche Collage Overlay: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Think that Seche  is just for fantastic top coat? Think again, my friend. Seche does polish, too. And a glitter overlay topper called Collage Overlay; a chunky glitter mix comprised of silver holo bars, large silver holo and jumbo matte white hex pieces all joyfully swimming in a thick, clear suspension base. I don't dislike this. In fact I kind of dig it. Check it out! This swatch is one coat over OPI Tomorrow Never Dies and topped with Gelous.





Okay. Formula. This is pretty thick and you know me and thick. I thinned this out a goodly bit prior to swatching and it wasn't bad, at all. Application was pretty smooth and not horribly troublesome. Yep, I had a bit of fishing and placing to do; I expected it, I always do when I work with a chunky like this so no worries, certainly no ding. Dry time is good, as with many glitters. This dries a tad satin, plenty of top coat is needed to get it all perfectly smooth, glassy and ultra shiny and sparkly. I like to use a thick coat of Gelous, then top with Seche Vite. I don't know who came up with this combo, (it wasn't me!) but they are a freaking genius and I bow at their feet.

I was honestly expecting this glitter to be a stone bitch to work with and it wasn't. Colour me pleasantly surprised and happy to recommend this to you.

I typed then deleted a long, pissy rant about idiots who swatch, use up and gunk up polishes in stores. I was inspired by the fact that after I got this polish home, I noticed that the polish level was pretty low and the bottle neck under the cap was a hugely gunked up mess of dried base and glitter chunks telling me that this had been swatched. A lot. Gah! Just... Knock it the hell off already! Swatching, unless a bottle is marked "tester" and paper or nail wheels are provided isn't cool, it isn't right and you need to just not do it! Here in the US, most retailers accept returns on makeup and polish, if they don't provide testers for swatching before purchase so there is no good excuse  to gunk up, contaminate and ruin polish and makeup for other people. In fact, may stores that offer testers, still accept returns! Just buy the product, take it home and try it out. If you don't like it, grab your receipt, return it and use the money to get something you will like. Don't mess things up for others.

Okay, mini rant over. Lesson learned, remember to check the neck of the bottle prior to purchase, even if it does freak me out to open polish in the store.

Have you tried this pretty glitter topper? What do you think of it? If you are interested in acquiring and trying it, Seche Collage Overlay is available at Sally Beauty supply. I wish that my local Sally's would get the Seche Colour line, too as I would love to try them.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great Sunday and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. I saw someone the other week just painting their nails in Boots with one of the polishes on display. I think I just stood open-mouthed staring at her for quite some time. I don't know why people think that's any different to just stealing the bottle of polish. This glitter's very pretty though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... It boggles my mind that people open and use products in the store then out them back and walk away. I was reading in a blog, I think it was Scrangie about some broad who went into WalMart, picked up a bottle of polish, sat down in the middle of the aisle and painted her toenails. Closed up the bottle and put it back on the shelf. Gross. And tacky and... Gross!


    Thank you, It is, isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Seche Collage and frankly I love it. The hexes are so shiny they look like mirrors. I did not find the formula to be thick at all. I could also see layering this over a deep colored polish with tiny glitter to create more depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! over tiny glitter is a good idea. I'll have to try it. :)


    I don't deal well with thicker polishes, I just struggle with them and this one was just thick enough, to me, to merit thinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just used this on Saturday and never thought to thin it out-but mine seems to have a pink base not clear-I wonder if something ran in mine? I didn't try it over white to test out this theory, it just seems to be a pinkish base not clear and I think it stained my nails where some of the glitter landed-and this was after 24 hours of wear only!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this irrational hate of bar glitter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love seche in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee hee! Many do. I think that bar glitter is kind of a love it or hate it kind of thing. I started out hating it but I have really grown fond of the stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D


    I really want to try their coloured polishes, see if they are as fabulous as their top coat which I adore so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    wanted to say that I've truly loved surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!

    Look at my homepage; diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D