Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel

Hello gentle readers.

I didn't get a post up yesterday. Between my Internet acting like a butt and a migraine from Hell, I wasn't much in the mood to try to fight through writing a review post. It's hard to make happy talk about skin care when my brain is imploding and I am typing in something vaguely resembling Martian.  Happily, my Internet seems to be behaving a bit better today and my head is back down to a dull roar so, let's get to it.

Today I am sharing my thoughts on the Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel. This is a non chemical physical and herbal exfoliating product that is designed to slough dead skin cells, stimulate, refresh and brighten the skin. I am guessing that this peel would be appropriate for all skin types, oily to dry. I have very dry, not sensitive skin and my face doesn't feel dried out or uncomfortable after using this peel. I could see this feeling very refreshing for oily and congested skin. I would have loved this back when my skin was oily.




The Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel is a thick, spongy, kind of bouncy product, light brown in colour, it smells herbal and of Oil of Thyme. There are what look like bits and pieces of flowers in the mix, kind of giving this an oatmeal masque look and feel. While thick, this peel spreads easily, it dries down in minutes then it is rubbed off of the skin to complete the process. I like to use a clean, dry terry cloth washcloth and I rub it off over my bathtub because I make an unholy mess of the job and this way it all lands neatly in my tub and just washes down the drain next time I take a shower.

So, does the Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel work? Yes, it does. After I rub it off, my face feels soft, smooth, velvety and refreshed and it looks fresh and brighter. I dig the results I see from this peel. My only small objection to the product is that the Oil of Thyme is a strong presence and while I like the scent the fumes from it can be quite uncomfortable for my very sensitive eyes. The fumes do dissipate fairly quickly but for about half a minute or so, my peepers aren't the happiest creatures, ever. In spite of that small discomfort I am using this peel and enjoying the benefits to my skin.

Reviva Labs Light Skin Peel is 1.5 fl. ounces, is packaged in a recyclable plastic jar and is $20.00. Reviva Labs products are formulated without animal products and are not tested on animals.

Shop for Reviva Labs products on their website. You can Like Reviva Labs on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.

Thank you so much for reading and have a great day.

  *This product was provided to me by the company for consideration and review.*

1 comment:

  1. I used to use and love the Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle. Fab stuff, I don't know why I stopped. My skin responds very well to AHA, I should pick it back up, again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D