Friday, January 4, 2013

OPI The World is Not Enough: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Here is another of the polishes from the OPI Skyfall Collection for Holiday 2012 that I purchased. I still have a couple more from this collection I may pick up... We'll see. I got all of the ones I reallyreallyreally wanted except for The Man With the Golden Gun. *sigh* And it looks as if I am not going to get that one. Oh well. I'll live.

The World is Not Enough is a glitzy taupe-y purple jelly packed with pink, silver and blue glass fleck shimmer and micro glitter. This is one of those polishes that utterly confounded my poor old camera. It did it's best but, as I frequently say, trust me when I tell you, this one is way prettier in person.

This swatch is three coats and Seche Vite to top it.




As you can see, my camera glommed on to the silver shimmer and spaced out on just about everything else. *sigh* That little bugger just frustrates the living daylights out of me.

The formula on this one is really great, It is easy to apply and control. It flows nicely off of the brush, sits sweetly down where it is placed and gives no trouble with running, pooling, streaking, dragging or bubbling. Dry time is very nice, especially if thinner coats are applied and a fast dry top coat is used. This is pretty sheer and three full coats are necessary to achieve full opacity. I tend to polish in thick coats and I had to apply three.

This polish is unique and it is stunning. I haven't ever met one quite like this before and I am really happy that I picked it up.

Do you own this stunner? How do you like it? If you are thinking that you might like to have it, get thee to where OPI is sold and grab yourself a bottle. I seriously doubt that you would be sorry.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading this review. Have yourself a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Can't say that I like this one-but I did buy a few from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great collection. Something for everyone. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous colour! I have The Man With The Golden Gun but I don't really like it all that much... Maybe because I don't really have any colours it looks good over. I have Goldeneye as well, that's my favourite from this collection ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is even prettier in person. This polish just freaked my poor little camera out! LOL


    I just got Goldeneye and it is beautiful. Swatches will be forthcoming, soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D