Thursday, January 3, 2013

OPI Jade is the New Black: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am featuring a polish I lemming'd on for a long time and I finally bought it. I don't know why I waited so long to buy this polish. I am just weird like that, I guess.

OPI Jade is the New Black is from the Hong Kong Collection from 2010. It is a rich, shiny, dark jade green creme. This swatch is two coats and Seche Vite.




The formula on this is pretty fabulous, It applies smoothly and is easy to control, there is no running, pooling, dragging, bubbling and other nonsense. It was a little streaky after the first coat but the second coat made this perfectly smooth and fully opaque. Dry time is good. There is a little weirdness on my middle finger nail, it isn't the polish, I ended up with an invisible fiber that mucked up the works. Grrrrr! I tried to smooth it out a little with the airbrush tool n Picasa... I don't know how well I did. But I gave it a shot.

Do you own OPI Jade is the New Black? How much do you love it? If you have been thinking that you might like to have it, it is easy to find where you buy OPI.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! I see why it is so popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great. I don't know why I waited so long to get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't picked this one up. Next time I'm out it's coming home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need a like button. This is so worth picking up, I think that you'll love it. I'm so glad that I finally bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DO have this one but have not worn it for some time now - funny that you showed it here today - I was thinking about it last week when I went on line to see who sells Jade polish - the brand and kept getting all the hits for colors named Jade! I think I will be pulling this one out soon with greens being big this yr like orange was last yr...seems once 'the; color has been picked it does not stay put in that narrow hue - but pulls in all shades of - that's sure what we have seen with oranges and turquoise and well all the Panatone shades of the past I can recall...I might however add I don't think we will see that many neon greens this summer again - I think the neons were last yr and going to stay there now for another 6-7 yrs - they had a phase in the early to mid 2000's - then hit big again last summer - so they will go into hiding this yr! But yes...this is a great shade - it works with anything I have on color wise. Mine is I think 5 yrs old now but the bottle was fine when I took it out last...most of mine stay OK - I keep 'em out of the sun and heat too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the first OPI shade I have ever seen. Since then I am trying to buy it, but I can't find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color! And I don't see the spot that you're talking about on your middle nail. Must've fixed it pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definitely dig it out and wear it, it's a splendid colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen it on Amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's there... On the to photo, it's kind of hidden by the light band but if you know where it is, it's easy to find. I think I did okay zapping it out on the lower shot. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D