Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More Flaky Fun

Hello gentle readers.

This recent nail look was created with Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Cherry Red and Finger Paints Asylum. The Sally Hansen is an amazing, blue based ever so slightly pink cherry red jelly. Smooth, silky and extremely biddable. Love this polish. It has been sitting around unloved for a long time. Now that I have worn it, I don't know why. It's really smashing stuff.

I applied two coats of Cherry Red, then topped it with two coats of Finger Paints Asylum, another of the multicoloured flakies that Finger paints released back in the Winter of 2011. This one varies from Twisted in that the flakies are bigger and not quite as colourful. But it is still really pretty. The flakies weren't as brilliant against the red as the black but I still really liked the look. I topped this one with a coat of Gelous then a coat of Seche Vite.

You know how sometimes you do a layered look, have your cleanup all fussed to perfection then, after you take all of your photos and so forth, you look down and to your horror you see a little blowout where your base colour has broken free in one spot and flooded into your gap? Well, that happened with this mani. I saw it after I took and uploaded my photos. Of course. How did I not notice it sooner? You tell me. I guess I wasn't looking for it because I thought everything was good. Happily, I have a rudimentary airbrush tool in Picasa so I was able to kind of zap away the blowout on my ring finger nail. You will no doubt see the spot I "fixed". Still need a little practice at it. But I am slowly getting the hang of it.






What do you think of this combo? Have you tried these flakies with red?

In grow out my nubbins news, my nails are almost long enough for me to feel good about swatching on them, again. Good thing,,, I have polishes stacking up.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice shade and pretty with the flakies over top. I think your nails are a good length for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this combo!!! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :) They are almost there. I don't mind swatching on shorter nails but I like there too be enough length to showcase the polish. They are almost there. Another day or three and we should be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the latest and greatest Photoshop version-spent a bunch of $$ on it, and all I can figure out how to do is watermarking in a straight line. I tried to do the cuticle curve and it was a fail-but I'm not getting my money's worth-can't even figureout how to update my header so I don't have to keep paying someone who has the same software! Isn't that silly? Wow what a freakin ramble. Love the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, this ramble was informative and I appreciate it. Good to know about Photoshop. I wanted to get it so that I can do those cute curved watermarks (Picasa won't do them, *sad*) and colour correct when my camera blows it capturing polish colours.


    Your header shouldn't be too difficult... You could probably do it in Paint, if all you want to do is change the pics. Just snag it to your 'puter, open it in Paint, set new pics in over the existing ones, add the little straight line frames, save and remove your old one and upload your new one. If you want new font and so on, it might be easier to start from scratch. I make mine in Paint, they aren't pro but they get the job done. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D