Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

China Glaze Whirled Away: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I have just one burning question to ask...

Really, China Glaze?

Really?!?!? 

China Glaze Whirled Away. Oh, you heart breaker! China Glaze, you produced this polish that got me so excited then dashed me upon the rocks of disappointment and despair.

*Drama queen, much?*

China Glaze Whirled Away is supposed to be a bottle of pure, unadulterated fun. A clear base just swimming with long black bars, large black hex and jumbo white matte hex glitters. This polish looks like fun. It. Is. A. Nightmare. Application was a long, drawn out process of stroking, patting, coaxing, placing, fishing, placing again, base glooping into mounds, base forming trenches. Argh! Why? Oh! Why?

This is one "coat" if you want to call it that, over China Glaze Surreal Appeal. I topped it with two coats of Gelous to get it as smooth as I could.





I Love China Glaze polish. Gentle reader, you know I do. And I want to love this glitter. I want to love it so much. Glitters like this usually delight my eyes and make me smile. This one makes me want to throw myself upon my bed and sob while my ladies in waiting bathe my face with cool cloths and bring me iced wine.

China Glaze, I have to throw you in the tower for this one. Badly done.

Have you purchased this polish? What do you think of it? Was it as difficult for you as it was for me? Did you have better luck with it than I did? Please do share, I'd love to hear what you think.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble.

14 comments:

  1. I reviewed & swatched this awhile back. Beyond disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been staying away from most of the new glitters that are from 'big' companies, because I usually have a pre-dupe (or close enough) of it from an indie. Sorry it was such a pain in the tuckus, though =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this whole collection just a colored rip on Lynderellas connect the dots??? Seems to me that this is being way too overdone from all sorts of polish brands. Have read that these are all thick and gloopy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get this because I heard about the formula before. You might wanna try Ninja Polish Sticks 'n Stones - similar look and the formula is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this because I dont have access to other ones similar. I was going to try it tonight actually but ran out of time. Not really looking forward to using it now. But I know how annoying it is to fish shapes out of similar polishes, so I was kind of expecting it. And I usually hate bar glitter cause it sticks over the nail and drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just push any overhanging bar glitter pieces back onto the nail with my finger. :) I may try thinning this, see if it performs better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it's a helll of a lot easier to get a hold of. lOL It does seem that there is some copying of the indies going on. Used to be the other way around. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh... I'll live. :D


    I don't have many indies so these are new to me, if you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute it looks :)


    www.claudiacernean.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a shame it's such a nightmare because it really does look pretty when it's on lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know... It's so much fun to look at. I am going to try thinning it and see if I can't get it to behave a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohhh.. I had A BAD TIME with Get Carried Away from the same collection and this bad baby is waiting for its turn on my desk.. I don't know if I'm going to survive this. At least my ladies in waiting have to be prepared with a big stack of towels and a bottle of whisky. Or two. (By the way, your posts are the funniest ever! I love reading you!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get carried away faught me tooth and nail but I finally figured that sucker out. Thin the shit out of it, apply it over a base of black creme than at least two, preferably three thick coats of top coat and it looks really foine. A bit of work, but I like it that way.


    Have your ladies standing by, this one is going to fight you. LOL I am going to try this one again, after I thin it well... See if can't get it to behave better, if it isn't salvageable. I hate to give up on a polish. LOL


    Aw, thank you. That really makes me feel good. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D