Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

China Glaze Get Carried Away: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today's polish offering is China Glaze Get Carried Away, a thick grey suspension base packed with tiny silver, small black square, large black, silver and copper hex and black bar glitter mix. This swatch is one coat over Wet n Wild Black Creme. I topped this swatch with two coats of Gelous.





The formula on this, to start was absolutely terrible. Too thick, gloopy and tight. Application was difficult, I tried to swatch it over bare nails, undies, polish. Nothing worked, it just turned out bad. I finally decided to thin it out well then I swatched it over black. I was still not too wild about it but after I applied two thick coats of Gelous it turned out pretty nice. Unfortunately, the black bits got lost against the black background.

This polish is seriously top coat thirsty. Be prepared to put on lots. Dry time is a bit slow, what with it being goopy and all.

I decided to do swatches of this over a few different grey/silver base colours just for fun. I tried China Glaze Millennium, China Glaze Jitterbug and Zoya Kelly. I kind of like the effect over Millennium  it looks kind of industrial and cool.




I am not so sad about this as I could be, as it really does look kind of great over black. Will I use it much? I don't know... It'll be fun to hang on to for a while, we'll see what happens with it in the future.

Do you own China Glaze Get Carried Away? What do you think of it? Do you like it? Did it behave well for you or was it difficult? Please do share.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Your time spent wrestling with this was well spent, because this is the best swatch of this one that I've seen! Yes, you do lose some of the black, but it's smooth and consistent and very pretty. I agree it still looks very cool over Millennium, though, and I'm still so excited that China Glaze gave some unique glitters a try with this collection! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :)


    I was happy to see them stretch out of the mass produced polish norm in this collection, even if a couple of the glitters weren't entirely successful. It gives me hope for future collections and lines. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, so tempting! interesting juxtaposition of dark, with pink and silver sparkles that stops it being too "cute". (hey I think I finally worked out how to comment here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh. I hated my bottle and its sitting in my swap bin but maybe I'll give it another shot!!! It looks fantastic over black!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yepper. You've got it. :D


    It works over black and with lots of top coat. Alone, it's... Not so great. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen a great deal of useful factors on your website about computer systems.
    However, I have the judgment that notebook computers are still not nearly
    powerful more than enough to be a wise decision if you usually
    do projects that require a great deal of power,
    for example video editing and enhancing. But for orld-wide-web surfing,
    statement processing, and quite a few other
    typical computer work they are just great, provided you don't mind the little screen size. Many thanks sharing your notions.

    Stop by my webpage; fuckbook

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D