Monday, December 10, 2012

China Glaze Glistening Snow: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am sharing the beautiful China Glaze Glistening Snow from the Holiday Joy Collection. This fine silver and holo glitter is simply gorgeous. This polish looks just like the sparkling light flashing off of an unbroken snowfield on a bright, sunny day. Simply gorgeous.

This swatch is two coats over my glitter undies topped with Gelous and Seche Vite. As terrific as this polish appears in my photographs, it is ten times more amazing in person.





China Glaze Glistening Snow has a nice formula, smooth, easy to work with and it can be layered or worn alone, getting to opaque in two easy coats. This polish doesn't drag, run, pool or bubble. Dry time is pretty fast and it dries satin matte and is thirsty and slightly gritty. Plenty of Gelous and Seche Vite make sit smooth, shiny and super sparkly.

When I first saw this, I wondered if it were similar to China Glaze Fairy Dust, a topper comprised of fine silver holo particles in a thick suspension base. Well, it isn't. Fairy Dust is finer, far more scattered. Glistening snow is slightly larger particles, is densely packed and can be opaque. They are two very different polishes. And it bears mentioning, Glistening Snow doesn't stink like Fairy Dust does! Both of these swatches are one coat over Wet-N-Wild Black Creme and topped with the usual




So, what do you think of China Glaze Glistening Snow? Like it? If you don't have it yet, do you plan to pick it up? It is so beautiful, I'll bet that you will love it.

Thank you for dropping by and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

18 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous glitter!!! So glad I picked it up. I initially had the same thought regarding Fairy Dust also. So glad their different and beautiful in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I bought it, also. Isn't it gorgeous? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing this right now and am amazed by it. It's gorgeous!! I can't wait to try layering it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely NEED this! Your photo is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should get it. :D


    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds... Isn't it fun when you see a review and you are wearing the polish? It always makes me feel as if I scored. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want it. It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's worth getting, you'll love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah!!! I so need to get this!!! so much better than Fairy Dust!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone should have this. It is a fab silver glitter. It's different from Fairy Dust. This is an opaque glitter where Fairy dust is a topper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you. I totally agree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this looks amazing on you! I bought it and somehow have misplaced it - i need to find it so I can wear it! beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing!! And with just two coats..


    I might pick this one up if I spot it here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is even more amazing in person. Trust me. :D Get it if you can, you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you. :) Yikes! Find it, it needs to be with you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for comparing this with fairy dust, I was contemplating between the two! Lovely swatches you have here!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was my pleasure. I was curious about it, myself. :) Thank you for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D