Saturday, December 1, 2012

China Glaze Cranberry Splash: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today is the first of December. It's supposed to be in the upper sixties, today. On December First of last year, we had over a foot of snow on the ground. It has been crazy warm, this Autumn. I mean, crazy warm. Not running any kind of heat, windows open all day crazy warm.

It's crazy.

So is this polish. Crazy beautiful. China Glaze is a rich, warm red shimmer polish with a hint of metallic gleam. This looks like Christmas ornaments.  It's snazzy. This swatch is two coats and Seche Vite.




This has a rather smashing formula. It is smooth and easy to apply and control. I experienced no running, pooling, streaking, dragging, bubbling. Dry time is pretty quick with this polish, too. Yep. This is a nice one.

Okay, I know... This polish looks an awful like OPI An Affair in Red Square, doesn't it? Yes, it kind of does. Actually, it looks a lot like it. Rich, slightly metallic red shimmer. Are these two polishes dupes? Take a look for yourself.


The easy answer to that question is no. While very similar, China Glaze Cranberry Splash is a little darker, a little warmer. OPI An Affair is a bit brighter and, seen in person you can tell that it is cooler, more blue based than Cranberry Splash.

So, hast thou purchased this polish? What say you about it? Ith? Like? Bored? Do tell. Ith. If you are interested in buying this polish, it is out, available and waiting for you to give it a forever home.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this color and its perfect formula that I'm getting rid of its almost-twin, a-England Perceval!!! It must be one of my top 5 reds now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, all other times of the year I'm all about red cremes and cremes only, but now that the holidays are upon us, I feel the need for a bright red metallic/shimmery/wrapping paper looking foil type of thing. This i so pretty and festive. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how our moods and what we crave can change, certain times of the year. This one definitely screams Christmas and holidays. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a vote of confidence for this polish, indeed. :D I was going to buy a backup bottle of OPI An Affair in Red Square but I don't need to, now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all kinds of red. This one is no exception. You can always look stunning with red nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so do I and I fully agree. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D