Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Behold My Christmas Sploticure

Hello gentle readers.

So, how'z about some Christmas-y nail action?

I have for you my latest nail art attempt. I can't exactly label this a fail but it didn't turn out exactly as I was imagining it. In fact... It came out a long way from what I imagined. Ah, such is life as a nail art challenged individual.

I started with OPI Alpine Snow. My fave white polish, for sure. I also love China Glaze Snow (the one from the 2010 Christmas Collection) but the OPI is just a little bit better. It is a seriously fabulous white creme, smooth, easy to apply and opaque and streak free in two pleasant coats. Yep. I love it.

Here is Alpine Snow topped with Seche Vite.



The next day, I set out to dot. Now, I should know better than to dot when I am over caffeinated and under fed. But I decided to do it anyway. And I ended up with splots, rather than dots. I did my splots in solid colours topped with matching glitters. China Glaze Phat Santa and Ruby Pumps, China Glaze Holly Day and Emerald Sparkle and Finger Paints Key to my Art and China Glaze 5 Gold Rings. All topped with more Seche Vite, of course.

It isn't awful... In fact, after I got over the horror if it, I grew rather fond of it.




I am not sure what I am going to do, today. We'll see where the spirit leads me.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a fantastic day and may your polish never bubble.

11 comments:

  1. Alright, so this may not be the best one, but it's not a fail!! It looks like Christmas lights to me :)
    And I love Alpine Snow!! I only have a little bottle of it so after that's gone I'm back to my ChG White On White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...you are so funny! "over=caffeinated and under fed"...sounds like a recipe for fabulousness! Or failure...
    I actually kind of love this. It reminds me of, like, a Dolly Parton Christmas Special on tv or something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's very pretty, and I love the term "sploticure"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :) I got to really like it, once I got past the fact that they weren't dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :D I love Dolly Parton. I'm not big on Country Music but I just adore Dolly. "D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't the most awful thing I've seen-and since you are the reason I can do dots-how can I possibly say anything bad about my Ice Queen!??! Maybe add a funky-it fixes things-although for the first time in almost 2 years, I have on a mani with NO funky!!! Wait for it 12/24

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought about a funky but I can't freehand one to save my life and guide tapes, in this instance were out of the question. I actually liked this all right, once I got used to it and let the idea of perfect dots go. :)


    Wait... Did you say something about no funky? *faints* I can't wait to see it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D