Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sinful Colors Winterberry

Hello gentle readers.

How's your weekend going? Mine is going well. We had a nice Thanksgiving, a busy yesterday rearranging furniture and putting up the Christmas tree. I still have hours of decorating ahead of me but the tree is up and fluffed. Oh and I have three bulbs to replace, as well. I have them marked and as soon as my husband brings the Christmas decorations containers up from the storage room I can get that done. I also have a hair appointment later. Yay! I get to get my roots done. I love being a blonde... I don't like roots.

Okay, polish...

Sinful Colors Winterberry. Beautiful smoky purple with a a ton of silver shimmer. Really gorgeous colour. Check it out:





This is two coats and top coat. Pretty, huh? A little brushstroke-y but you don't see that, as a casual observer, you just see a beautiful smokey silvered purple. Too bad the formula is a dud. Thick, gluey, snotty, streaky, clotted. Blech. This was a royal pain in my ass to apply. In spite of being thick, it ran all over the place, blobbed off the brush and headed straight for my cuticles and sat there, daring me to clean it up. I was forced to apply thick coats because thin coats were impossible due to dragging and bald spots all over the place. What a mess. Sinful normally has a pretty good formula but yuk. This one is just nasty. Dry time wasn't too bad, a little pokey but Seche Vite helped to make it not unbearable.

And if the application was unhappy, wear time was abysmal. I had significant tip wear and tiny chips by the end of the first day, after my shower the next morning, that was all she wrote for this baby. I thinned the crap out of this polish after struggling with it. I may give it one more chance but I am honestly not holding out hope for it. What a disappointment.

Want to know the worst part of it? I accidentally bought a second bottle of this goop. Yep, one of the few times I purchase a duplicate bottle of polish, I buy one that sucks. Just my luck. I'd return it but I lost my receipt and two clams isn't worth the raggle baggle.

So, I must ask you, did you buy this lovely colour? Did you have the same trouble with the formula that I did? Do tell.

Okay, I must move along. I need another cup of java and I have things to do. Thanks for popping in, have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

14 comments:

  1. Very sad about the application because I love polish shades like this. Good thing I decided against getting it when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wuaaah sucks about application!!! is your other bottle shitty too? really too bad because the color rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if the other bottle blows or not. I haven't opened it. It is too bad because I really dig the colour. *sigh* I am hoping that the thinner works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They got the shade right on, didn't they? It looks so rich and high end. Too bad the formula is pure campground. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this color and mine works fine. I think it's your bottle; maybe someone evil swatched it in the store and left it open? Bummer, huh? I hate when that happens. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this,too.I was looking for it for a long time.I was just as disappointed as you :( If you like this colour,you should wear Revlon Naughty or Chanel Paradoxal -- they are pretty much the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's possible... Funny enough, there was no indication that it had been corrupted by evil store swatchers. Usually, they do a good job of gunking it up, while they are contaminating it. LOL I thinned it and am going to give it another chance, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people have no trouble with this others, like us... Boo!


    I own Revlon Purplex (naughty) and while it is slightly similar, it is smokier and looks more like a creme with a more subtle magenta shimmer. Mmmm... I need to haul out Purplex, now. I haven't worn it in a while and now I want to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should. It's too lovely to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to give a polish a second chance before I disown it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good policy. I find it sometimes works with husbands and children, too. Less so with husbands, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Perplex, as well. Lovely, sexy color. I like the new name, Naughty. The Chanel version was just too rich for my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Purplex and I agree, the Chanel version is too spendy for me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D