Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Shimmer Polish Carol: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have for you the oh so gorgeous Shimmer Polish in Carol. This glitter is a combo of gold, rose gold, silver, pink, blue, tiny holo sparkles and sprinkles of larger black hex pieces. I really, really like this one.

I swatched this over my glitter undies, Color Club Who Are You Wearing? a perfect neutral backdrop to showcase glitter without it having to fight a coloured base.

Damn, I'm brilliant.

This is one coat, two on ring (as usual) Gelous and Seche Vite on top. Shot out on sun and in the shade because I couldn't stop snapping photos of this one. Seriously. Could. Not. Stop.

You know what? I lied. Come to think of it, this is just one coat, right the way across.






The formula on this is pretty typical of chunky/fine glitter mix polishes. It wasn't too difficult to handle, it was smooth and fluid but thanks to the chunkier elements did need a little patting and coaxing into place. I am so used to handling glitter that it feels normal to apply them this way and I am certainly not bothered by it. If you like a more sparse, scattered effect, just stroking it on, like a normal polish would  do the trick very nicely. Dry time on this is good, as with most glitters. It is a little textured and a double shot of first Gelous then Seche Vite makes everything lovely and smooth and super shiny and sparkly.

What do you think? Like? If you are into this beautiful glitter creation, you can shop Shimmer on Etsy. The owner of Shimmer is on vacation until November 26.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

*Product provided for consideration and review. Thank you Shimmer Polish!*

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it? :D I absolutely love, love, love this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. It's one of my more different color schemes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D