Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Orly Moonlit Madness and OPI Excuse Moi!

Hello gentle readers.

I recently wore a polish combo that before I applied it, I wasn't so sure it was going to work. I thought about testing it out on a nail wheel before committing to my nails but then I thought, what the heck. Go for it.

I'm glad that I did. The combo kinda rocked my socks. I also received several very nice compliments on it, including from the lady from whom I always buy polish at Walgreen's. She is hip to my polish madness and always has something nice to say about whatever is currently riding my nails.

This manicure was two coats of Orly Moonlit Madness and one coat of OPI Excuse Moi! and topped with Gelous and Seche Vite.







Orly Moonlit Madness is a buttery burgundy creme just packed with shimmah. (You have to growl a little as you say "shimmah".) The formula is somewhat gorgeous and applied like a little dream. Sadly, it bubbled like a glass of champagne and it was a tad pokey to dry. The bubbles could very well have been my fault, I tend to pile it on. I can usually calm most bubbles with Seche Vite but this time that wasn't happening. I neglected to photograph the polish on it's own but most of you have probably already seen it. If you haven't and would like a swatch, let me know, I'll knock one out for you.

OPI Excuse Moi! Ahhh... How much do I adore this glitter? It is typical OPI gorgeous glitterness. The raspberry base is packed with different sizes and shapes of glitter pieces in gold, red, green, silver, pink. There is itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny holo shimmer glitter and in person, this is so complex, shimmery, glittery. It dances and scintillates. It is one of those glitters that you absolutely must experience for yourself to fully appreciate it. Photographs can't do this polish justice.

I loved how these two polishes worked together. Have you tried any new, out of your box combinations, lately? Were you happy with the result? Please share.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a terrific Tuesday and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. I also have opi E M and i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish they had appliance paint or car paint that looked that good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty - I'll have to try this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You totally should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burgundy shimmer would be easy, the glitter, not so much. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't is pretty? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combo and never tried Excuse Moi!! It's sitting sadly on my shelf unloved,.. I'll have to dig it out and try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dig it out. :D It sat unloved for almost a year in my untrieds and it didn't deserve to be neglected. You'll be happy that you did. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure is. It just dances in whatever light it finds it's self. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shimmah!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! It is something else. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D