Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Miss Sation Swatches and Review ~ Edited Because I Am a Bonehead

Hello gentle readers.

I am a bonehead. I won't go into it all fully but suffice it to say, I mucked up. I thought I was doing right, did wrong and mis identified a polish and left out one that should have been included and well... Yeah. Idiot. So, I am fixing this post to reflect the changes necessary. My deepest apologies to Miss Sation for the foul up. And to my gentle readers for the bad information.

Bad! Bad blogger! I want to go hide in a hole in the ground. But I'll stay above the surface and take my lumps.

Today I have four of the Miss Sation holiday Golightly Collection for Holiday 2012 and a couple of other lacquers to share with you. .




First up is I Love Yule. This is a slightly dusty highly pigmented poinsettia red jelly creme. Very Christmas but would work anytime, anywhere as it is a great all around red. This swatch is three coats. If I didn't have these demon ridges on my ring and pinkie nails, I could probably have been good in two. But this polish is just jelly enough that it can't cope with the flaws in my nails in fewer coats. This polish is mad shiny on it's own, tho I did swatch it with top coat. I left the top coat off of one nail. Can you guess which one?





Next up is Feliz Navi-Doll, a gentle dove grey jelly packed with silver shimmer. This polish is sheer, lightweight, delicate and very ladylike. This swatch is three coats and top coat.



Feliz Navi-Doll can also be layered. I applied one coat over Wet-N-Wild Black Creme, Sation I Love Yule and Miss-Tletoe.






This is Miss-Tletoe, a dusty spruce green jelly with a gorgeous teal shimmer. This swatch is three coats and top coat. Look at that shine! And ignore the fonky business on my middle finger nail. That wasn't the fault of the polish. I dinged it and tried to smooth it with additional Seche Vite too soon and after I oiled my cuticles and well... Yeah. I should have re done the nail but I just didn't have time.





 And here we have the namesake lacquer of this collection: Holiday Golightly. This robin's egg blue is full of glorious silver shimmer. This is a jelly texture, as well and a bit sheer; I needed four coats for full opacity and ridge coverage. If you have smooth nails, three should do the job. Top coat was used, of course.

I can hear you asking, "Is this anything like China Glaze For Audrey?" Well, let's take a gander, shall we?


Clearly, the answer is nope. These are not dupes. Both polishes are a robin's egg blue. Holiday Golightly is a jelly texture, squishy and somewhat translucent with that silver shimmer. China Glaze For Audrey is a creme, is darker in overall tone, a bit more blue, is opaque and has no shimmer.





Here is Suede Shoes. This royal blue jelly contains silver micro glitter. This polish positively glows and the silver micro glitter sparks and flashes when the light hits it right. This is three coats and top coat. Tho this polish is a very pigmented blue, I was pleasantly surprised that upon removal, this polish didn't Smurf me. Not even a tiny little bit.





Billed as white, Strumming My Nails is a beautiful pale, pale, pale blue grey creme. The slight tint softens this, makes it very wearable and less stark and bright. This is fabulous on it's own and would be a beautiful base for nail art or glitter. This swatch is three coats and top coat.

If this lovely creme looks familiar, it should. It is almost a dupe for OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. While not an exact match, it is that same softened, slightly greyed down white that resembles lime washed concrete.


As you can see, Strumming My nails is a little lighter, brighter, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls is slightly more grey-blue. At some angles, these look alike.


Of the six polishes shown here, four are a jelly texture. Suede Shoes, Feliz Navi-Doll, Under the Miss-Tletoe and Holiday Golightly are all somewhat sheer, have that delightful translucent squish and all of that delicious shimmer. All four need at least three coats, a couple even more to get to full opacity. The formula is good, not too thick, not too thin. They all apply smoothly and are easy to control. The first coat is a bit streaky, that smooths out with subsequent coats, so it's not a problem. These polishes self level pretty well, they don't run, drag, pool or bubble. Dry time is a tad on the slow side, a good fast dry top coat is a good idea.

I Love Yule has a formula that is, in a word, scrumptious. The viscosity is perfect, it is silky, smooth and self levels like a dream. This polish sits sweetly down where it is placed, whispers up the nail and doesn't run, pool, streak, drag or bubble. Dry time is really good on this one. Did you guess which nail is top coat free? It is the middle finger nail.

Strumming My Nails is a great formula, too. Smooth and easy to work with. Slightly streaky on the first coat, it quickly levels out and is perfectly smooth and opaque with subsequent coats. There was no trouble with this polish, it didn't drag, run, pool or bubble. If you have smoother nails than I, two coats would probably do you. I needed three to cover my ridges. Oh, and just FYI, the formula on this polish is a little better than that of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. It is a bit smoother and less prone to streaking.


Overall, these are six really pretty polishes. None of them is particularly unique or groundbreaking, but they are solid, pretty, wearable and worth buying and wearing. While I like all six of these polishes just fine, I Love Yule, Holiday Golightly and Strumming My Nails are my clear faves, by several furlongs.

What do you think of the Miss Sation Holiday Golightly and the other two polishes? Any here catching your attention? If so, you can shop for Miss Sation Holiday Golightly and many other beautiful colours on their website, at salons, beauty supplies and TJ Maxx stores, Rite Aid drugstores and various e-tailers. Find Miss Sation on Facebook and follow on Twitter, too.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

*Products were provided to me by the Company/PR for consideration. Thank you Miss Sation.*

12 comments:

  1. Okie... How can I ever wear a polish from a collection that is named after shit inducer???? You know, GoLitely... I love, love that teal, but it has that name again!!!! Lovely swatches :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's named for the character in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, Holly Golightly. :)


    The teal is gorge, and you could always remove the label. ;) Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhh ignorance is bliss... LOL so embarrassing on my part not to know that :)). I might have to get that teal after all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, don't be embarrassed. We all don't know things that others do. I certainly learn new things, every day. Things I know I should have known. and if that made any sense, you deserve a cookie. :D


    If you get that polish, I hope that you love it, it really is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, my husband just had a colonoscopy and that was the name of the prep! I didn't think of it until I saw your comment. Now I can't wear the color, either, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell me, Erica, how can you wear every polish in color of the rainbow and make it look gorgeous on you? If I wear some nudes, neutrals, or light colors, my hands look like I'm dead!

    Every one of these look spectacular on you! My favs are Miss-Tletoe and Let's Mingle and Jingle. I could also see using Feliz Navi-Doll as a layering polish. Gorgeous, tempting colors. And lovely manis, ding or not.



    Happy Holidays to you. ;+))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last two are definitely my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. Thank you. That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. <3 I wish that every shade looked well on me but like everyone, I have hues, shades and tones that are not flattering to me. I can't wear tan, some shades of green or certain yellows successfully. They give me lobster claws or make my skin look sick or like carrots. If you look carefully at my photographs, you can see it. I try to compensate with lighting, oiling my cuticles well helps to throw my camera off a little as does creative cropping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be a green girl. :) They're great, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! People who name that stuff have a sick sense of humor. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is too short to obsess over an inadvertent error. You apologized, you updated the post, now go and enjoy Thanksgiving.

    Right name or wrong, they still look gorgeous. And I kinda like the name Suede Shoes. ;+)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to rake myself over the coals when I screw up. LOL The people at Sation were totally cool about it. :D


    Eh, the name Suede Shoes is a little Elvis for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D