Wednesday, November 28, 2012

China Glaze Blue Bells Ring: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

My next China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection polish is the beautiful one coat wonder blue foil shimmer Blue Bells Ring. This intensely pigmented royal blue creme is packed with silver foil shimmer and it positively glows. Serious pretty.

This swatch is one coat topped with Seche Vite.




The formula on this polish is dense and has a lot of body but isn't gloopy or thick. It applies smoothly and if applied with a bit of care you won't need to do much cleanup. This polish doesn't run, pool, streak, drag or bubble. Dry time is okay.

Now to give you the lowdown on the dark side of this glowingly gorgeous beauty. It is intensely pigmented and it can stain like crazy. First of all, base coat. Don't skip it. In fact, I strongly suggest at least two coats ov base coat. I applied two when O swatched this baby. While applying it, have your acetone and brush ready to go and if it hits your skin, clean it off instantly. Even if you do clean it up right away, it is going to stain a bit. It also leaves behind a lot of silver scattershot from the foil shimmer. The scattershot does disappear when you wash your hands. Be careful when you remove this. Do not, under any circumstances rub your cotton back and forth when you clean it off of your nails, just pull it straight up and off. When I removed this swatch, I got careless.

I got smurfed.

Happily, the stain didn't last long... After some cleaning with acetone and a couple of hand washes, it was pretty much gone. But just be careful with this stuff or it will mess you up.

China Glaze Blue Bells Ring is a dangerous beauty and there is a price for enjoying it. If it is a price you are willing to pay, you are in for a real treat.

Do you own Blue Bells Ring? Like it? Been smurfed by it? Please do tell.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

22 comments:

  1. I own it and I didnt get smurfed.. http://audreyinsekerleri.blogspot.com/2012/11/gunun-ojesi-blue-bell-rings.html here is whats happened..xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that this didn't smurf you. Different products, different people. :D Thank you for reading and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when pretty colors like this stain during removal. But I agree, it looks gorgeous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of this one! I passed this one by 1st time I saw the Joy collection thinking I had tons of metallic blues - but then I got to thinking...none were kind of dusty blue with this kind of silver in it. I picked it up next time I was in a Sally's and really gad I did - it's one that is great for now when I want to feel a little of the holiday but not look stupid with a real decked out holiday look - and this will be one I will wear way beyond holiday - those are always a plus for me in holiday collections...I like legs on my polish bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I don't get blue staining from this one...I keep Q-tips with acetone and some paint brushes with me in polish change time - sometimes just a little dab of a tissue too will take off the polish that I got onto my skin..this one does not leave stains behind when taking off either...I don't end up with it staining the skin around on my fingers like some do. Some folks swear by putting some oil or lotion around their nail to make clean up during polish time easier - I am too worried it will get into the nail where I am working so I don't do that. Guess what works for some is not going to be the best for others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously in love with this color. Or, at least I was until I read about the dreaded smurfing. I will have to really think about it now.
    This makes me sad. =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny, I just did a mani on mine with this polish. I love this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is pretty, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be afraid, blue tends to smurf me, it might not stain on you... Especially if you are careful with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also like my polishes to work year around. I have a few that are very holiday specific, the rest can rock and roll any rime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Different polishes stain different people. this one stains me, it doesn't stain others. I think it has a lot to do with individual chemistry and skin condition. I keep mine in pretty good shape... Why knows. Blues tend to stain me, with few exceptions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. :) This stained me but it might not stain you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty! It's seems like a lot of the blue foils leave you with smurf hands - the OPI Swimsuit Nailed It definitely did to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is. And it does. LOL It doesn't stop me from using them, tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a good review, I like that you mention the staining, so crucial for a blogger to know!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. I try to be as thorough and honest in my reviews as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this really nice. I will have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this really nice. I will have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a beauty, for sure. There is a lot to love about this polish. Enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got smurfed. And I got smurfed bad.

    I painted my nails late last night and today they started chipping already. Gorgeous color by the way! But anyways. I have OCD with my nails and once they start chipping I have to repaint them.

    So today I got some nail polish remover and took it off. Well, attempted to take it off. The blue came off easily - easy peasy! But it left a matellic silver coat on my nails. At first I was like, "Maybe this is supposed to happen! It looks kinda good, I might leave it!" But I tried to take the silver off......and that's where the smurfing begins.

    After many minutes of violent rubbing, slight profanities, dreadful facial expressions, and my hand looking like I dove in a blueberry bath, it finally came off.

    ........I don't wish this upon anybody.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D