Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Sation Polishes: Swatches and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I hope that you are well caffeinated and hydrated because this is a long post. With a ton of photographs.

Today I have some Miss Sation polishes to share with you. These polishes were sent to me by the kind people at Sation. I was cruising around on Facebook and found a post about Sation polishes and responded that seeing that post brought back memories of wearing Sation Garnet Red as my signature nail colour for a long time and how much I loved that polish. Someone at Sation contacted me and very sweetly offered to send me Garnet Red and a few other colours. I of course said yes please and received a package of six beautiful polishes.

Let's begin with the polish that started it all. This is Sation Garnet Red, part of their core collection from a long time back. This is a deep, rich red jelly; shiny, squishy and glorious. Unique? Not really. Beautiful? Most assuredly. Just seeing this beautiful polish on my nails again brings back memories of wearing it, of how pretty it always looked and the compliments I received when I wore it. It also reminds me of doing a job that I used to really love, one that, while I don't believe in going backward, do still at times, miss.

This lovely polish is shown at two coats and topped with Seche Vite.





 Next up is Sation Cotton Candy. Whoa. Dude! My first ever French Manicure was done with this opalescent pink sheer many a year ago. And when I wore a French on occasion after that, this was my pink of choice. This is two coats with Seche Vite.




 RV There Yet? This is a cool Kelly green jelly. Rich and smooth, highly pigmented and very shiny; this polish reminds me a little of New York Summer Amaranth. It has a delightful squish to it. And who doesn't love a good squish? This is two coats and Seche Vite.




And next: 3 Free-Dom. This is a light, neutral putty jelly. This shade is mannequin hands for my fair skin. This one is a little more sheer than the other colours (other than Cotton Candy) and needed three coats. Topped with Seche Vite.




Included in that little box of pretty were two of Sation's new glitters. These are beautiful mixes of glitterbomb fun. First is Can Buy Me Love. This looks like Mardi Gras in a tiny little glass bottle. In a clear base swims a mix of green, purple, blue, pink, orange in fine square, larger hex and tiny, fine bar glitter bits. The bars are tiny and fine, not at all hairy or obnoxious. I smoothed one coat of Can Buy Me Love over RV There, Yet? and topped it all off with Gelous and Seche Vite. My nails look ready to party in New Orleans.



For you purists who like to see glitter all on it's own, here is one coat on a nail wheel. Yep. Did that. 'Cause I'm a giver.



And finally, we have Miss Pro-Nup. Tiny gold squares, medium hex and large hex sequins mix and mingle with fine purple and gold glitter and sprinkled here and there are medium green pieces. The base is clear on this one, too. I decided to layer this one over Garnet Red to play up the warm gold and purple. This swatch is also topped with Gelous and Seche Vite.



And one coat on a nail wheel to show this glitter off in it's natural habitat.



Okay, no a little practical business. The bottle shape is a rounded triangular shape. It is sleek, smooth, easy to hold and very modern looking. The brush wand is moderately long and the brush is similar to tho not an exact copy of the OPI Pro Wide brush. The bristles are of average length, I imagine that they are synthetic, but I don't know for certain. The bristles are uniformly trimmed. You know I like a wide brush and this one is very nice. It is slightly softer than the OPI brush, splays out a bit more but works very well, overall.

The formula on these polishes is very nice. The jellies are smooth, silky and easy to apply and control, tho there was a little streaky-ness on the first coat, subsequent coats made everything opaque, smooth and beautiful. There was no running, pooling, dragging or bubbly nonsense. Dry time is decent.

The glitters apply pretty easily for chunky, glitterbomb goodness. The base is a little thick, needs to be to hold up all of the chunkiness. Application was pretty nice, fairly smooth, there was a little cozening required to get it even but it wasn't a ton of work. These dry pretty fast and the finish, before top coat is slightly satin matte. The finish is surprisingly smooth for a glitter of this ilk. Gelous and Seche Vite make them smooth and glossy as polished glass.

I am so pleased with these lovely polishes. In my not so humble opinion, Sation polishes are under appreciated. They are of good quality, the colours and finishes are beautiful, the formula really good. Sation recently revamped the line and redesigned their bottles. They have stepped up big time. These polishes are affordable and are available from e-tailers, some drugstores (sadly none in my area) discount retailers like TJ Maxx, salons and so forth.

What do you think of these beauties? Do you own Sation polishes? Please share.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

*Two of these polishes were sent to me as a gift, the rest were sent to me for review. Thank you, Miss Sation.*

4 comments:

  1. all gorgeous! RV There Yet? my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really never heard this brand before-I wonder why that is. So glad you are a giver-I REALLY love seeing glitter bombs up close! NOTNOTNOT! that red is gorgeous!!! I must agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. RV There Yet? Is pretty. I mis labeled the glitter, it is called Can Buy Me Love. I am such a moron! LOL But yes, they are both pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sation was a salon brand for a long time. They have recently started releasing it to more general retailers. It's really good quality polish and in my not so humble opinion highly under rated and under appreciated. What, you didn't like the closeups of the glitterbombs? I'm shocked. ;) LOL


    Garnet Red is gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D