Saturday, October 27, 2012

Orly Flash Glam FX in Monster Mash: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am bringing to you a fun Hallowe'en themed glitter from Orly Flash Glam FX. This is Monster Mash.


Click and do the mash as you read about this fun. freaky green glitter.

Orly Flash Glam FX in Monster Mash is a sooooky green jelly base packed with tiny square glitter, tiny silver holo bar glitter and large grid etched hex sequins that shift dark to bright green to blue and even flashes of purple. Very fun, very Hallowe'en. I applied one coat over China Glaze Gaga for Green and topped it with Gelous and Seche Vite.




If this looks familiar, it is because you saw it in my recent nail art fail post.

Orly Monster Mash is pretty typical for glitters of this ilk, it is somewhat thick and application, while not super smooth isn't much trouble, either. It needs a little coaxing, patting and pushing to get it all even and uniform but it isn't difficult. Dry time is good, it dries slightly satin. It is surprisingly smooth for a glitter of this type and topping it with Gelous and Seche Vite makes it super smooth and glossy.

So, what do you think? Like? Not so much? Please do tell.

Thank you for swinging by. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

9 comments:

  1. i have that glitter and i didnt know how i felt about it....i like it! i must go a try it out myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's even prettier in person. And, while it is part of a Hallowe'en collection, I can see this taking center stage in the Summer, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty. And tho it is a Hallowe'en collection glitter, I could see it working for Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny....I just started to read this post while my nails dry.....and I've just put the monster over black. It looks good this way and so does yours over the green. I agree, very smooth for a glitter polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds. :D I think that this would be fun over a variety of different bases. It's a great glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D