Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Essie Bikini So Teeny: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I have a beautiful Essie polish to share with you, today. I swapped with a very nice gal I met on a Facebook group for this polish and I am so glad that I did. This polish is from their Summer? I believe? Collection. This is a beautiful medium slightly greyed blue creme with a lovely silver shimmer. I applied two coats and Seche Vite for this swatch. I shot this in the sun and it photographed a bit light and the shimmer doesn't show up well at all. My camera washes out colours like this so terribly. Grrr! The colour is closest on my index finger.





You are probably going to fall over when you read my review of the formula. The formula on this polish... Wasn't so bad, actually. The first coat was a tad streaky but not badly so. I quickly learned that this polish likes to be applied with plenty of polish on the brush, and it doesn't appreciate being overworked, it can drag, if you do. The second coat floated easily up my nails, self leveled like a dream and gave me a nearly flawless, opaque finish. There was no running, pooling or bubbling. Dry time is decent.

I know. I tend to beat up on Essie. A lot. Not, in my opinion unfairly. I have purchased some Essie polishes whose beautiful, girlie colours and pretty bottles hid a formula that had the black heart of a demon. I am so glad that this time, the formula is nearly as pleasant as the colour is lovely. It has almost restored my faith in this brand. It gives me hope and makes me want to go out and buy some Essie polishes, again. Maybe one day, I will.

So, what do you think of Essie Bikini So Teeny? Own it? Like it? Think that you might want to? I think that you can still find it here and there in stores and online.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading and commenting. Have a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. I love this polish! I own it also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bikini so teeny. I waited months for this and was so disappointed with the application. Great that is wasn't too bad for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny because I am usually the one saying that I love the colour of an Essie polish but the application drove me nuts. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of problems with Essie's formula too, but I didn't think this one was too bad either--and so worth the little bit of extra trouble for such a *gorgeous* colour! This really is one of those rare polishes that looks even better on the nail than it did in the bottle. A really nice surprise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this one is gorgeous. I had a little trouble with the first coat, nothing too bad but it wasn't flawless. The second coat was a pleasure, tho. I was so happy to meet an Essie that behaved so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I agree. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D