Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Comparison of Taupes for Keira

Hello gentle readers.

A while back, Keira asked me if I could compare OPI You Don't Know Jacques with some similar polish colours. I would have had this up sooner but I had to order You Don't Know Jacques then Swatch them all on a nail wheel then photograph, edit and get them ready to post.

When I was digging through my stash looking for taupe polishes I was surprised at how many I have. I was going to narrow this down to just a few but I thought what the heck, just toss them all in.

I am showing these polishes on a wheel. All swatches are three coats, top coat and this photograph was shot in the sun.




I hope that this is helpful.

Thank you for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am loving the OPI and CG on the left side. Foie Gras and You don't Know Jacques are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YDKJ and Foie Gras are the most similar. Not dupes but cousins. :) I'm glad that this was helpful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erika for putting these all in one place! I think I still like YDKJ the best (these colors are all pretty, though).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome. I'm glad that it was helpful. :) YDKJ is gorgeous. It starts out looking brown then with the second coat melts into the loveliest taupe-greige. Of all of my other similar polishes, it is most like China Glaze Foie Gras. Foie Gras is a touch warmer, has a little more brown in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. This does help. I have all the shades to the left of OPI Berlin but none of the ones to the right of it and thought I really missed out not finding Essie Miss Fancy Pants - but think I will live without it just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that this was helpful to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D