Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Zoya Erika With Gold Tips AKA My Kind of Manicure

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a recent manicure that I very much enjoyed wearing. I was sifting through a Melmer drawer trying to decide what polish I wanted to wear and I came up with a polish I haven't worn for a long time. Zoya Erika is a soft, warm pink jelly with a beautiful gold shimmer. I decided to apply that then I realized that I wanted a funky French (I have been hanging  around with Fingers too much LOL) and went sifting for a nice funky colour. What to chose? Gold shimmer? Gold funky! Which gold? Hmmm... No. Not that one. This one? Maaaaybe. Oh wait! I know. Orly Luxe. Perfect!

I applied two coats of Zoya Erika and a coat of Seche Vite and let that dry well then I dug out some french tip guides and lined them up as best I could and applied one coat of Orly Luxe above the tapes and removed them immediately after applying the gold. After I finished my funky tips, I applied some more Seche Vite and voila!

Here is how it came out:




I really enjoyed wearing this. It was delicate and pretty and had that flash of metallic glamour. I had a hard time not looking at my nails and I am definitely doing similar manis like this in the future. I likes me some shiny, shiny tips. Yes, I do.

Have you worn a metallic tips funky French manicure, lately? How did you like it? Are you going to do more? Please share.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a great day everyone and may your polish never bubble.

15 comments:

  1. I posted too early, lol. This pink is perfect, and the gold tips are so lovely and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that sometimes, too. *derp* LOL Thank you so much for your kind words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh SO pretty! They work so well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... I'm big on this style too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - you are far more patient than I. I just free hand my thin tips, esp in metallic because I find it very forgiving. I roll the finger and keep the brush steady and level to do my tip lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHA! Damn straight-You've been hanging out with me too long! I want the world to always want Funky French's!! I do not use the tapes-but it sure does look good when they are all the same size and curve. I have not the patience for that my dear! This actually is a very cool color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why, thank you. :D


    I wish that I could freehand good looking funky tips like you can, but my every attempt ends up looking as if I did them drunk, in the back of a speeding taxi. It's just not good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. :) I have tried that method and I suck at it. LOL I need the guides. It would be nice if I didn't, I wouldn't have to wait for my polish to fully cure before continuing. French tips are a long process for me. One reason why I don't do them, often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. :)


    I am liking this look. A lot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this! Delicate and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did one a while back during hockey season to support the Flyers, I think I may have some pics on my blog. I SUCK at freehand tips too, and used those french tip guides myself. I will have to remember to let my base dry longer next time I use them... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel you. I learned my lesson the hard way when I tried to do a traditional French and everything went great until I tried to remove the tapes and destroyed my base. LOL Now, I use Seche Vite and let everything dry really well before I use the tapes. Also, if you have the super sticky ones, pressing them lightly to the back of your hand before you apply them to your nails helps to kill of the super stick and makes them less likely to tear up some of your base colour when you remove them. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D