Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sally Hansen Insta Dry In a Flurry

Hello gentle readers.

Happy Caturday! It is the weekend, at last. And a perfect day to show you something really pretty. Meet Sally Hansen Insta Dry In a Flurry. In some pics, and at a casual glance, this looks like just another black base with silver shimmer. But it isn't. Oh, no siree. It is far, far more. This polish is not black, it is a very dark greyed blue jelly base that is packed, packed, I say with shimmer that fires gold, blue, green, silver, purple and hot pink.

I said that this polish is really pretty? I lied. It is actually kinda seriously gorgeous. This swatch is three coats and Seche Vite.

Trust me when I tell you, as pretty as this is in photographs, in person, it is so much better.







See what I mean? Even my crap camera couldn't completely kill the beauty and the many colours that spark forth from this beautiful polish. It tried... But the polish triumphed.

The formula on this polish is quite fantastic. It is a jelly, it flowed nicely off of that big, wide Sally Hansen brush, sat sweetly down where it was placed and whispered smoothly up my nails. The first coat was a little thin and streaky but by coat number three, the finish was impeccable, opaque, smooth, shiny, deeply glossy. I didn't have to do a lot of cleanup as there was no nonsense upon application, no running, pooling, bubbling or dragging. Dry time is pretty decent, a fast dry top coat will definitely help with that.

What do you think of Sally Hansen Insta Dry In a Flurry? Do you own this polish? Think that you might like to? I found mine at my local Walgreen's, if I remember correctly. It shouldn't be too hard to find and make your very own.

Have you entered my giveaway?  I am giving away a bottle of Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in Pumpkin Spice, a LE polish from their Fall 2011 collection. It's really easy, just let the Rafflecopter widget load and go to it.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a wonderful weekend and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you. Isn't it pretty? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, will have to look for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you find it because it is a beaut. I found mine at my local CVS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and mine looks no where near that amazing :( the shimmer is not that noticable

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this looks amazing....is it more black or is it green...I may have to go looking for it

    ReplyDelete
  6. The base is a dark, dark greyed blue jelly that looks black but it isn't, really. This polish is surprisingly complex and amazing. I am so happy that I hunted it down and bought it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to apply three full coats to have an opaque finish and for the shimmer to build up and really come out and play. Did you try three coats? Top Coat enhances the shine and sparkle, too. Maybe your bottle needs to be shaken, allowed to settle a bit and the shimmer will show better or maybe you got a dud? You could take it to the store where you bought it and exchange it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually just tried this today too! I also put ORLY's Androdgenie on top of it and it looks AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo!!! I am going to have to try that combo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need this in my life!!! I love any shade of gray on my nails and this looks amazing!! Going on the wish list ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go get it. I doubt that you would regret it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D