Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

OPI Berlin There Done That: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have OPI Berlin There Done That from the new OPI Germany Collection for Autumn 2012. Berlin There Done That is a soft, grey taupe creme. I applied two coats and Seche Vite. As you will see in the photographs, this polish looks very different depending on how the light is hitting it. I like this polish. I like that it is soft yet has a certain darkness, a bit of edge to it. This would be flattering on many skin tones and very appropriate in a conservative setting, yet just as much at home on the nails of a wild child.

These were the best of a lot of photographs I took of this polish. My camera has been acting like a little butthead, on and off and when I shot this swatch, it was in a real mood. In fact, it was like that, all that day, through nearly two hundred photographs taken if a long swatch session. One swatch was so bad that I had to dump all of the photos I took of it and I will have to re swatch and re shoot it. Grrr!





The formula on this polish is pretty splendid. It applied smoothly and easily, sitting nicely down where I placed it and didn't give me any trouble. There was no running, pooling, streaking, dragging or bubbling. Dry time is pretty great, especially with a good fast dry top coat.

I know that OPI Berlin There Done That is not a new or particularly unique colour but I have grown terribly fond of taupes, greys and greiges and I was happy to buy this lovely polish and add it to my polish family. Do you own OPI Berlin There Done That? What do you think of it? If you would like to make it your own, it is in wide release, right now.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful neutral!! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I love this!!! I wasnt really that impressed with the press images of the Germany collection and so far havent picked any up, This is the 2nd that I have seen that I think I am going to have to get now, thanks for sharing!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berlin There Done That is the only one out of this collection that made it on my wish list. It spoke to me. I am concerned though that I have a dupe. I would love to see a comparison next to Essie Chinchilly and other colors like that. I love those colors and could justify it if I knew I didn't have an exact dupe. I also have those days with my camera...sooo annoying. I take like a hundred pics and none of them show the true beauty of the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I don't have Essie Chinchilly so I can't compare it with this one. I could dig out some of my taupes (I don't have a huge number of them but I have a few) and do a nail wheel comparison if you would like. While I might not have all of the same polishes you do, it might give you an idea of how Berlin There Done That compares to different tones of taupe-greige. Please let me know. :)


    Yeah... My camera. I had plans to pick up a new point and shoot (a DSLR just isn't in my budget at the mo, waaahhh) with a higher MP and resolution but we got hit with an unexpected crisis and there went the money for my new camera. Grrr! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, too. It's really beautiful. I never go by the press images, they are shot and edited for mass e-mail release and are not colour accurate and never show the true beauty of the polish. I wait to see swatches or the polishes in person in the store before I make up my mind about what I want to buy. :) If you want a new taupe-greige, IMO, this is the one to grab. It's fabulous. :D And you're welcome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, it is! And thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I thought that this would be in your wheelhouse. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D