Friday, September 14, 2012

China Glaze Swanky Silk: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I am starting my China Glaze New Bohemian Collection for Fall 2012 swatch and review posts and I decided to shake things up a little. I will do my overall description and formula review first, in this post then subsequent posts will just showcase a new, beautiful polish with shade description and my thoughts on that specific polish.

The China Glaze New Bohemian Collection for Fall, 2012 is six metallic/duochrome polishes in brightened cool toned hues. These polishes are definitely metallic, not chrome and while there is some duochrome shift, it is subtle. The colour shift it a little more visible in the bottle but on the nail, you really have to look for it. In spite of this, these six polishes are really beautiful, the colours are flattering and the formula, overall is really fantastic. All six of these polishes applied beautifully, sitting sweetly down where I placed it. whispered up my nails and didn't give me any trouble. There was no streaking, dragging, running, pooling or bubbling. Dry time is terrific, these polishes are dry to a gentle touch in mere moments and a full mani, topped with a fast dry top coat like Seche Vite is ready to rock and roll fast. The finish is slightly brushstroke-y but that isn't obvious except in at certain angles, up very close. It certainly isn't obvious to the casual observer.

First up in this series is Swanky Silk. This is the warmer toned polish in this collection. This swatch is three coats and Seche Vite. A beautiful, soft slightly pink toned peach shifts gently to bronzed gold with a soft green patina. Under this is a delightful, slight sparkle thanks to the metallic shimmer particles. The shift is, as I have said before, subtle but if you keep your eyes peeled, you can definitely spy it as it dances across your nails.


 Goldy-bronze tipped in soft peach and pink.

 At this angle, there is a bit more peach and pink fading into that deeper, bronzed gold.

Here you can see a bit of green, too. 


What do you think of this lovely, gentle metallic? If your tastes run to the more subtle end of the polish spectrum but you find yourself craving a share in the brighter, metallic trends we are seeing this beautiful, gentle shifter may be just the thing for you. It is neutral, yet it has a touch of razzle to dazzle your eyes. If you are employed in a more conservative workplace that doesn't welcome the bright, bold and funky, this polish should fit in very nicely. I can see this being flattering and really lovely on a wide variety of skin tones, too. 

If you are interested in acquiring this lovely polish, the China Glaze New Bohemian Collection is in wide release right now and you should be able to find it where China Glaze is sold. 

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like the pink shine in this one! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the pink shine. In person, it is even better and so much prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Swanky Silk. The Lippmann original really jumped out at me from that collection and I was stoked to see a dupe in this one. You described the feel and energy of this perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one, too and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty color! Love how you said it lays sweetly-you don't normally say that very often. It's usually a b*tch fest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try not to overuse it. I do bitch a lot, don't I? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D