Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, September 28, 2012

China Glaze Foie Gras

Hello gentle readers.

Hello Friday. At. Last. I am so glad that this week is over, let me tell you. I am hoping for a less stressed and fairly relaxing weekend. I need it. LOL

Today I have a polish from the Hunger Games Collection that released last Spring. China Glaze Foie Gras greyed taupe brown creme is smooth and rich as I imagine foie gras to be. Not that I will ever know... I don't do organ meats. *shudder* I wore two coats and Seche Vite.






Pretty, huh? This polish was launched in Spring along with The Hunger Games. When I first saw the collection and bought the polishes I wanted from it, I knew that they would be perfect for Autumn. Foie Gras certainly is. Nudes, taupes, greiges are hot, hot, hot this season and this fits in beautifully.

The formula on this polish is fantastic. Smooth. creamy and easy to control, this polish did as I asked with with little argument and no dragging, streaking, bubbling or pooling on my cuticles. It was perfect, smooth and opaque in two coats. Dry time was good, I didn't have to cherish my nails for too long before I was able to get on with my day. Wear time was respectable. I got three solid days out of this polish before the tip wear drove me nuts and I removed it. I was happy with that, since I change my polish frequently, anyway.

So, what do you think of China Glaze Foie Gras? Like? If you don't yet own it and want to, it has been seen on clearance at various Sally Beauty Supply stores and other retail outlets that stock China Glaze. You should also be able to find it on Amazon, E-bay and various e-tailers' sites. If you can't find this particular polish, it is easily dupeable, there are lots of great greyed taupe-y browns hitting the polish shelves, this season.

Okay, I must run along. Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

4 comments:

  1. I love this but I always wonder if I have a dupe at home....Metro Chic, You Don't Know Jacques, Steel Grey, etc....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This polish is definitely not unusual. I have several that are very similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely. I detect a hint of plum, I believe. But the name has to go, I agree. One could have a gout attack just by applying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good eye. Yes, there is a bit of purple in this polish. Most of your greyed taupes and taupe-y browns have that undertone of purple. The purple keeps the colour from looking flat or dead. I think that the purple also allows me too wear colours like thid without getting lobster claws. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D