Friday, August 31, 2012

The Change is Done and Some Other Blathering and a Swatch

Hello gentle readers.

Ice Queen's Nail Parlour is now Icy Nails. I have to say, I like it so much better. I don't grit my teeth every time I open my blog, now. I changed my blog name in Bloglovin but I am waiting to hear from Hello Cotton about changing my page name. Facebook is being a big, fat butt. I can't change my fan page name on Facebook because I have over 200 Likes. What??? Not cool, Facebook. I can't get them to help me, either. *sigh* So, I either have to find a way around that (does anyone know one?) or I'll have to kill that page and start over with a new one. I would lose over 300 Likes.

I am nearing 1200 followers.

1200! Wow! Whould'a thunk it? Something is in the works for when I hit that number.

Okay, how's about a swatch? Something that has been kind of hanging around on my puter and hasn't been featured, yet. These are Sally Girl minis from Sally Beauty Supply in three neon shades. A bright, intense purple, pink and orange. I picked these up one day when I needed just a few more dollars to qualify for a coupon discount. I'm happy that they were just ninety-nine cents each because they were kind of a  disappointment. This skittle swatch is four coats and top coat. These polishes were not terribly easy to apply, I had a lot of streaking, some dragging and a good bit of cleanup to keep them off my cuticles. I will say that they are prettier. Much prettier in person than they photograph. My camera eats holo and screws with neon. Bad. In spite of needing a pile of coats and a somewhat dodgy application, they are kind of pretty. If you don't own any neons and want one just for a try on or a beach party or something, the Sally Girl isn't a bad option.




Okay, I think I am posted out, for today and I am sure that you are all sick as hell of me so I am going to run along.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great rest of your day and may your polish never bubble.

11 comments:

  1. They do kind of work together, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog! http://nail-artbyanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. KatXoXoPeacelovefashionxoxoSeptember 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

    I've been loving Sally girl nail polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you are loving the Sally Girl. I have only tried these three neons from that line. I really should pick up some other colours and see how I like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much bright, fun beauty in this swatch! All three of these are really pretty! I love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are bright and pretty, aren't they? I won't use them again, tho. I have beautiful neons that have much better formulas. For a buck a pop, they were worth a swatch, tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah the price we pay to not cringe when we look at our own blog! Hehe! If you had that many likes before you'll have that many likes again. Isn't it the satisfaction that counts not the number of followers or likes? Sorry just saw a long rant on another blog saying all that stuff! At least your URL is the same. Some people change the whole darn thing and start over. Ok done rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know... When you cringe at your own stuff, it is probably pretty bad. LOL It is the satisfaction that counts to me. The likes were important only in that they let me know that my work was reaching people and "mattered" on a certain level. The number is nice but not my be all, if you know what I mean. :) I didn't want to change all of it... Just my blog name. Happily, it doesn't make me cringe, any longer. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D