Saturday, August 25, 2012

Play it Again Saturday: OPI Designer Series Coronation

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a re run of OPI Designer Series Coronation. Back in May I swatched this polish on it's own in a vain attempt to show how it can form subtle bands of linear rainbow holo. Sadly, my holo eating camera didn't photograph it well. I mentioned in my post that in my opinion, DS Coronation was probably a layering polish, tho I didn't show it that way. Well, I was recently taken to task by a gentle reader who was a bit miffed that I didn't swatch it layered for those who would have wanted to see it that way. Okay. Fair enough, I fell down on the job. Tho I did feel a bit like a grade schooler called on the carpet for smacking her gum in class. LOL

Today I am making it right and showing OPI Designer Series Coronation layered over a base polish colour. Five base polish colours, to be exact. I did skittles of five different colours then applied one coat of DS Coronation and top coat over each and shot my photographs in full sun. As usual, the holo doesn't show in photos as it does in person and for that I am profoundly sorry. My camera eats holo. Just destroys it.

From pinkie to thumb the base colours are: Wet-N-Wild Black Creme, China Glaze Poinsettia (red), Urban Night (purple), Man Hunt (blue) and Holly Day (green). As you can see, OPI DS Coronation is really gorgeous over just about any colour you wish to layer it. I left the last shot a little blurry to give you a better idea of the holo beauty and sparkle. 






Okay, so there you have it. OPI Designer Series Coronation layered. What say you? Do you have this? Do you wear it layered? Opaque and on it's own?

Thank you for popping in and spending a little of your Saturday with me. Have a great weekend and may your polish never bubble.

13 comments:

  1. Karen L. Johnston EltzAugust 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM

    I never thought to layer it; I only have this for a short time & it is one of my untrieds. Can't wait to layer it now!! Thanks for the fabu idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I never thought to layer Coronation but I will have to do that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and sparkly, I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love it over Urban Night and Man Hunt. BTW, I just purchased Man Hunt today. I had to have it; I absolutely love blues and purples. =+) Happy Dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me realize how perfectly shaped your nails are. hope that didn't sound creepy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, certainly. :)


    Don't let that sit in your untrieds for too long. Holos like to be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny but that is kind of how I always thought of this one, as a layering polish, tho it does look fab all opaque-like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, so do I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man Hunt is so beautiful and a lovely formula, too. Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, no, not creepy. Thank you for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought this! I got it on super sale for $10 (unheard of for opi here in oz), and I love it! It's my only DS, I think I might need some more. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D