Thursday, August 30, 2012

Orly Preamp: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

How are we, this fine morning? Things are well in my house. If you are in the hurricane/tropical storm effected areas of the country I hope that you and yours are safe and weathering it all as best you can. My thoughts are with you all. Today's treat is Orly Preamp. This is the fourth polish in the Orly Electronica Collection for Back to School 2012 and it is, in my not so humble opinion, the beauty of the bunch. Orly Preamp is a lovely, girlie pink-y lavender jelly packed with beautiful duochrome glass fleck shimmer that, depending on the light and angle can shift from a gold/bronze to hot pink. This polish is all at once soft and glows. And, while it is feminine, delicate and very pretty, it isn't cutsie or bubblegum.

Can you tell that I kind of dig this polish? Yes? Good. Because I do.

This swatch is three coats and this one needed all three to reach full opacity. I topped it with top coat and shot these photographs under my OttLight. I am not getting much sunshine swatching done as the sun is not cooperative, this time of year. The day can start clear and bright but by the time I sit down to begin painting, towers start going up and before you know it, the sun is blocked and well... It's just easier to use my lightbox.







Yes, I am playing with angles. How did you guess? :P

Orly Preamp has a great formula, it is a bit on the jelly/sheer side and needs three coats to reach full opacity but those three coats just glide on like a dream. This polish sits sweetly down where it is placed, smooths up the nail with no streaking, running, pooling, dragging or other nonsense. I had very little cleanup with this polish, I think I picked up my brush just a couple of times and that was to do a little fussbudget refining. While I prefer a two coat polish, when it is as pleasurable to apply as this one, I don't mind three all that much. Dry time on this polish is a tad pokey; a good fast dry top coat will be of good service when you wear this polish. 

Do you own this pretty polish? Like it? If you are interested in acquiring it it is in release right now and should be available where you find Orly polish. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

16 comments:

  1. http://goo.gl/Tplfu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talking about! Girly and fun! I tried "Synchro" from this collection and well... didn't go very well to say it nicely... I will probably try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... Synchro was so disappointing. My little polish loving heart was broken, as it had so much promise in the bottle. Ah, well. What can you do? This one doesn't let anyone down. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! I'm so in a pink polish period right now. And I still don't have any Orly polishes. Isaac's rain is just a few miles south of me now...almost here. Question: what's everyone's fav polish remover that won't dry out the nails so much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. UMMMMMM This is pink-and I'm actually wearing pink right now-I used to abhor pink-what the hell has happened to me??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeheehee! I say the same thing when I find myself wearing brown. Welcome to The Twilight Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one would be a lovely intro to Orly. :)


    I hope that by the time Issac reaches you the teeth will have gone out of it a bit.


    All polish remover dries out nails and skin. Non acetone is a little less drying. It is also a bit less effective and can take longer to do it's work, meaning it stays on your nails longer so... Yeah. Solvent is solvent. LOL I use good old Beauty Secrets brand from Sally's. It contains acetone, works fast and isn't too terribly drying, it contains some water and glycerin. I work as fast as I can, wash my hands and make sure to moisturize with oil and lotion. When I am swatching, I oil my cuticles with every swatch right before I photograph it. It helps to reduce the stress on my nails and cuticles when I am using so much remover over a few hours.


    I also always oil my cuticles really well when I do a mani. and right before I go to sleep at night before I apply my night lotion. It really does help. Any natural oil will do the trick. Olive, coconut, jojoba, argon, grapeseed... You get the idea. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a pre packaged "cuticle oil". :D


    Wow. Like you asked for a dissertation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaaaaat. It's pink and I LOVE IT. Which is really weird because I'm usually a total pink hater. Beautiful swatches as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this and love it also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy, this is lovely! I typically almost detest pink, but this one I'm drawn to. I wonder why---oh, sweet mystery of life! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe it is the lavender tone that helps make it a little more palatable for you? :D


    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, maybe the lavender-y tone helps? :D It's odd, I am sort of, kind of liking brown... May actually wear it this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty, girly pink! It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is, isn't it? I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D