Saturday, August 11, 2012

Orly Flash Glam in Mermaid Tail: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Just a quick post, today.

Today I have a swatch of one of the Orly Flash Glam Glitter FX polishes to share with you. I own three of them, I have shown you Brave, here is the oh so lovely Mermaid Tail. I applied one coat over China Glaze Starboard. I thought about swatching it over black but then I changed my mind. Nothing wrong with that combo but I wanted to play up the cool, mermaid's grotto under the sea aspect of this lovely glitter polish by pairing it with the warmer, slightly murky-yellow based green.






As glitters go, this one has a really decent formula. As we all know, the prettiest sparklies out there aren't always the most biddable creatures and this one is no exception. It needs a little coaxing, a little patting and encouragement to get it to form a uniform coat but it isn't bad. I have worked with some glitters that made me want to lob them out the window. Fortunately, this one isn't like that. The base is thick and builds up fast so a little care is needed, if you want to apply multiple coats. In my own personal opinion, this is best as a one coat topper. Dry time is decent with this beauty and it does dry slightly satin, to get maximum sparkle and shine, top coat is required. I found that a coat of Gelous, then a coat of Seche Vite makes this as smooth as polished glass and just as glossy.

What do you think of this beautiful glitter polish? Do you like it? Did you grab it? Orly Flash Glam FX glitters are available where Orly is sold and this line retails for ten clams a bottle. I have to say, ten dollars a bottle is a tad spendy. I would like to have a few others, the blue one... Spazmodic is calling to me. I'll wait for a sale and use coupons to make them more affordable.

Okay, I need to run. I have some stuffs to do, today. Thank you so much for coming by and reading and your input in comments is, as always very welcome. Please remember to let Disqus load so that I will see them. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

18 comments:

  1. Wow that polish is amazing :O I'd definitely grab it if I could ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous!  I love the color combo...it reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. I'd call it "Emerald City"!
    I'll look for it at my local Sally...I think they sell Orly.
    BTW, whenever I comment on your blog, my comment show up under my real name (Dina) and doesn't link to my blog (www.vintageadvantage.blogspot.com) like it does on lots of other blogs, and I can't figure out why. But then again, I'm a total moron when it comes to computery stuff! Do you know why?
     

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! What a pretty green glitter! I'm definitely going to grab a bunch of these Orlys when my Sallys gets them in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure why, I think it has something to do with Disqus. You can sign on with a username, if you want to then any posts you make with Disqus (you might have to log in, first, not too sure) will show your username, instead of your real name. I think that you can link it to your blog, too. Or, you can just install Disqus on your blog then be connected to all of the blogs that use Disqus with that username. 

    Clear as mud? LOL I am not good at puter stuff, either... I fly by the seat of my pants and start clicking on shit and see what happens. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it's always an adventure. 

    I am now following your blog so it will come up in my Google Reader. :)

    I like Emerald City. It works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are worth grabbing, they are good quality if a little spendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for this review, it makes me happy I picked it up! (along with the gold) Beautiful mani and amazing nails!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so welcome and I'm happy that my review helped. It's why I do this. :) I have Sashay My Way, too. Sooo pretty! It will be featured, soon. :)

    Thank you for your kind words. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the green!
    I also wanted to tell you I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this, too. :)

    Thank you for the award nomination. That is so sweet of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, I really like this, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I'm gonna say is-make sure you check out my blog today and I like that Starboard base color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Starboard is fabulous. It is bright but has that yellow-y, murky quality that makes it different and really very special. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D