Thursday, August 16, 2012

Orly Ancient Jade: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I was sifting through my notes, trying to decide which polish to feature here and I ran across my notes on Orly Ancient Jade from the Spring 2011 Precious Collection. I bought several of the polishes from this collection and really love them. In my opinion, Orly gives fab Spring. I have no idea why this polish sat so long in my untrieds. I really don't. It wasn't exactly untried, I used it in a nail art manicure, last year but I had yet to swatch and write it up.

Orly Ancient Jade is a lovely, soft jade green creme. This swatch is two coats and top coat.




Orly Ancient Jade has a lovely, surprisingly biddable formula for a lighter creme. Sometimes polishes of this ilk can be a little difficult to work with but this one didn't give me any trouble. It goes on smooth and easy, sits down where it is placed and doesn't streak, run or pool. Ancient Jade will drag a bit if you try to over work it so be swift and smooth and use minimal strokes. Dry time is respectable and I had no trouble with bubbling. I had almost no cleanup while applying this swatch. I love it when that happens!

Orly Ancient Jade was a limited edition. I don't know how easy it is to find, but if you love jade green polish or want one and you run across this polish, I suggest grabbing it, it is worth buying.

Do you own Orly Ancient Jade? Are you as impressed with it as I am? Please do tell.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

4 comments:

  1. I almost picked this up when it came out and now totally wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I pass up a polish then end up regretting it. I am now lemming several that I had a chance at and didn't get and it is painful! :) I hope that you can find it, as it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color is gorgeous! I love Jade green polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D