Monday, August 27, 2012

OPI Wing It: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have for you OPI Wing It from OPI's limited edition Summer Flutter Collection. I fell in love with this collection the moment it released and gradually acquired the three polishes that I wanted. Wing It has been residing in my untrieds for a long time. I finally decided to bust it out and swatch it. I hesitated about posting it this way, as a swatch and review; I am aware that it is getting to be a little hard to find and it might be a bit unfair to trot it out like this. On the other hand, it is so very pretty and I am going to have to feature it, sooner or later so...

OPI Wing It is a rather glorious thing to behold. The base is a glowing, warm pink-orange sheer jelly packed with duochrome glass fleck shimmer that flashes pink to blue and dances and shifts in the sun. So pretty is this polish. I love it. This swatch is two coats and top coat. I coulda, shoulda done three, I suppose. In person, this polish looked more opaque than it photographed. I think that you will get the idea of how pretty it is, even so.






In the interest of fair disclosure: These photographs were colour manipulated in my photo editing software in an effort to more accurately portray the true hue and to show the colour shift of the glass fleck shimmer. My camera has limited abilities as do I, in the editing department. I use pretty simple software. Picasa does some fun stuff yet is easy enough for even this puter challenged idiot to use. It is an easy, free and safe download and does more than the simpler software that is pre loaded on my laptop. I tried Gimp, an open source Photoshop type program. It was buggy, wouldn't bring up panes that had been closed, didn't like me and was too complicated for me. I kicked it to the curb. I really like Picasa. Now, if it would only make those cute, curved text watermarks I see on so many blogs, I would be content. For now. 

Geeze, Erika. Get sidetracked, much?

Okay, on to the formula portion of this review. Not a lot to say, actually. It's pretty flippin' flawless. This polish behaves like a true lady, sits sweetly down where placed, doesn't drag, streak, run, pool, bubble or do any other nasty little things that some less well behaved polishes can do. Dry time is good. If you can find and get your hands on this beauty, I recommend that you do so. It is worth owning. 

All righty, then. This turned out a bit longer than I had planned but what's new about that? I never could shut up. Do you own this beautiful polish? Wear it often? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. 

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

24 comments:

  1. Leave it up to you to show us a GORGEOUS polish that is nowhere to be found!!!! I'm putting it on my lemmings list in hopes some (crazy) soul out there wants to get rid of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helly (NailNewbie)August 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

    I own it and it took exactly 11tybillion coats to get any near opaque on me. But you made me want to wear it again so I'll be looking for something to layer it over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. I know that this one is hard to find and I really debated posting it. In the end, the pretty won out and I had to show it. I hope that you can find it. If you do, I think that you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a bit sheer, isn't it? I tend to apply thicker coats so it actually looks near opaque in person. My camera tends to show jellies more sheer than they look in person. Must be the way it reads light, or something. I have thought about layering this, too. It would be great over pink, orange, neons, black...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I'm just being silly =)) really no reason to apologize!!! after all, we get these HTF polishes so we want to flaunt them, right!! So THANK YOU for showing it to me!!! one day I will get it =))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this polish and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow. So amazingly stunning! I'd save this one if I were you, don't do bajillions of coats! Find something to layer it over! Don't waste it!!!! Um, anyway... If you can do these awesome pics with Picasa, I think I'm going to have to check it out.
    Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this shade. I have 2 bottles of it. I also liked this little summer collection. This is the one I wear the most of them. Out of that same collection came Catch Me in Your Net that is a big wow to those who love tons of gold and sea blue...some say the latter is same a Zoya Charla - I think they are different. I love the blue shift in Wing It. There is one from OPI summer 2011 that some thought reminded them of Wing It - it's called Be a Dahlia Won’t You? They really are not alike. Wing It has tons more blue shift. Dahlia is more opaque faster and does have glass fleck, but not nearly as interesting as Wing It is in my book. I think if you cannot find Wing It for a decent price, Be a Dahlia Won’t You? might be an option for you. But I personally would want Wing It big time and put it on your list to get. The blue flash is really good and the pink/coral tones in it pull it out of the more often seen fuchsia glass fleck. Wing It looks really pretty layered over Play the Peonies if you have that and did want to stretch out your bottle of Wing It. I also have messed with putting Wing It over a couple of the OPI NYC Ballet sheers that came out late winter/early spring of 2012. I think you did a fab job catching this one on your camera. It looks just like it does in real life here on my laptop monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do 2 coats when I wear this one alone...and like your photos only have a tish of VNL - not enough that it bothers me - esp since many of us are used to VNL in an acceptance range now with the popularity of how some jellies look and so the popularity of some of those OPI NYC Ballet sheers from early 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never think of not posting something cause it's old or hard to find. I always want to see them and sure many others do too...old ones help me remember to shop my own stash often as well too...I have so many amazing shades that don't get used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's cool-I like when you get sidetracked. Shows us all a glimpse of the mind of Erika! A scary place I'm told (by you)! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have backups of the really great ones, huh? :D I have Catch Me In Your Net and it is gorgeous. I like to layer it. It's stunning over China Glaze Watermelon Rind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree. I am trying not to waste this. I'll likely never find another bottle. :)


    Picasa is a nice program. It is easy to download, easy to use. I only had to play with it for a little while and had it all figured out. I like it and will keep using it until something better and just as easy crosses my path. Then I'll dump it like a used up rag and move on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a beaut, isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. VNL doesn't bother me when I know that a polish is sheer. If it is supposed to be opaque, it had better be. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say the same thing when other bloggers apologize for posting a HTF. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw this polish is SO gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. gaaah! still kicking myself for not getting this when i bought catch me in your net when it was out. >:-O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, it is. I still can't believe that I own it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a few regrets that I am kicking myself over, too. I think that we all do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. That added blue shine in there just makes this even more gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should see it in person. Guh! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D