Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday, Monday Crazy Layering Style

Hello gentle readers.

I was swatching a while back and I was nearing the end of a session and wanted to showcase yet one more polish but I had reached the point of swatch fatigue and, rather than cleaning off the prior layered swatch I had done and photographed, I just applied the next polish right on top and came up with something that I am definitely going to have to wear as a full mani, one day.

This is one coat of Wet-n-Wild Black Creme topped with one coat of China Glaze Summer Rain topped with two coats of China Glaze Dorothy Who? then Gelous and Seche Vite. Dorothy Who? is a beautiful, super sparkly deep blue glitter polish that has been sitting in my untried area for a very long time. Dorothy Who? is the same kind of China Glaze glitter as Ruby Pumps and Emerald Sparkle. I love it. And I love this combo.







Call me crazy but doesn't this glow like the night sky just before dawn? You know that magical moment when it is still night but the sky is beginning to lighten just before the stars begin to disappear. There is just that... Feeling. That is what this layered combo evokes for me.

Have you tried any crazy layering combos, lately? Just, on impulse slopped something over something to make... Something?

thank you so much for popping in and visiting. Have a terrific Monday and may your polish never bubble.

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the layering here, so blingtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty layering.  I've been layering more and more...just for interest...not cause I'm lazy lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty !!


    xoxo Gracehttp://gracefulwolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Crow! I think I see constellations in those nails!! Gorg!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get lazy but I think that it was good lazy, in this case. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. I love blingtastic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chameleon StampedeAugust 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

    Stunning! The layers of sparkle are sizzling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so amazing! And to think that this gorgeous layering came about by chance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. O.O Oh my...... When a one-ton Dodge with a diesel engine drives by, I always ask my husband if he *wink wink* needs a towel for, ya know, the drool of course.... Yea, this is basically one of those moments. I LOVE this layering combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I can make you drool, my work here is done. :D Thank you so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like a good happy accident, don't you? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really a great combination! I wonder how this compares to Essie Starry Starry Night?????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! :D

    If only I had Starry, Starry Night to compare the two. My chances of ever laying my hands on that baby are so slim as to be non-existent! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D