Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Essie Mirror Metallic in Penny Talk: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today is Wednesday. Dang, this week is going by fast! Some weeks crawl, some fly. This one is going at the speed of light.

Today I have a very pretty mirror metallic/chrome type polish to share with you. I received Essie Mirror Metallic in Penny Talk, a lovely, flattering, warm, rose copper chrome metallic polish that makes my nails look like newly minted pennies as a Klout Perk. I am surprised down to my socks at how much I like this polish. To be honest, I was planning to pass on this collection entirely. Essie polishes have been driving me crazy lately and I thought that I had enough metallic polishes. Guess I was wrong. Essie Penny Talk is a beauty. This swatch is two coats topped with Seche Vite.






Essie Penny Talk has a very nice formula. Really nice, for a metallic, in fact. Yes, I know that I ding Essie on the formula. Frequently. And not undeservedly, in my opinion. I am not an Essie hater, I love their colours and collections. They just make me drool when I see them. They make me want all of the things. But the formula on many of those things stops me dead in my tracks. Not this time.

Essie Penny Talk applied so nicely. It was amazingly smooth, sweet tempered and biddable for a metallic. This polish is densely pigmented and a tad thick, it was almost a one coater for me. Dang my demon ridges. If you have smooth nails and paint with plenty of polish and care, you could most likely get it done in one coat with this polish. There was no running, streaking, minimal bubbling, my fault, thanks to the fact that I tend to paint on thick coats. I did learn that over working isn't advisable when applying Penny Talk. Work quickly, smoothly and don't go back over it, as it can drag off. This polish dries quickly to a gentle touch and slightly dulled, a good top coat brings out that mirror like finish. There are some brushstrokes that mostly smooth out as the polish dries and top coat is applied.

The finish isn't perfect on this polish, as you can see. Remember, these are in macro and that can pick up every tiny flaw. At a normal distance, in person this is just so pretty. Smooth, soft, almost... Plush. I kinda dig this polish and I am now thinking that another colour or two might need to come home to live with me. I wonder how this polish stamps? I'll have to give it a try.

Do you own this polish or any of the other colour in this collection? What do you think of them? I'd love to hear what you think.

Thank you for popping in. Have a great Wednesday and may your polish never bubble.

This polish was a gift to me from Klout, a social media website. No review was requested and my opinion wasn't influenced by Klout.

13 comments:

  1. I finally have one that you posted! :D I LOVE this color on my skin tone. I am nowhere near as adept as you are at polishing/manicuring but even so I got it smooth enough to look decent on me. Just wish my manicures would last longer. I must be really rough on the fingertips compared to others. Where some people say they can get 4 days or more I rarely get over 2 or 3 days without chips. Anyway, I really love Essie Penny Talk just because it's more of a neutral but not nude and it just looks good against my pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazingly flattering colour, isn't it? I can see this looking good on just about everyone, from the palest porcelain to the deepest ebony skin tones. :)


    I don't get super long wear with my polish, either. In my opinion, this long lasting mani thing is largely a myth. I hear more and more people say that they don't get much more then a few days from polish. A week? Two? Pffft! Myth. LOL I don't mind, I like to change my polish frequently so whateves. :P


    Practice, frequent polishing makes for better technique. Mine has improved so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it, tho? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this shade on you! Honestly, I passed these by when I first saw them because lately metallics have been setting my teeth on edge. This is a pretty one tho, and quite unique. I'll have to rethink this. I'd like to see swatches of the others in this collection if you acquire them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I get any more, I'll definitely share. Just don't hold your breath... Other more important polishes are on my list first. *China Glaze Hallowe'en, Orly Hallowe'en... OPI Skyfall... Yeah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'd love to see the Halloween and the OPI ones. Are the OPIs from the James Bond Collection? I am lusting after some of those!!! Thanks and take care. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought about getting this collection for stamping-but decided I really am only buying ones that I MUST have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, you MUST have more fabulous stamping polishes. Many, many more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully I can get the ones I want. Synching my budget with polish releases can be tricky! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to check it out.

    I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and
    will be tweeting this to my followers! Superb blog and fantastic design.


    Here is my weblog :: local businesses listings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.

    Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!

    my blog ... business search Florida

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for NC buy computers

    Feel free to surf to my homepage charlotte north carolina remote computer support

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D