Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Requested Comparison

Hello gentle reader.

Today I have a comparison post between two aqua/blue China Glaze creme polishes. I recently received requests from Shelby and sbs1956 to see a comparison between China Glaze For Audrey and Aquadelic.

What do these two polishes have in common? Formula. They are cremes, smooth and silky and easily brought to an opaque finish. Both polishes are a beautiful aqua/turquoise/Tiffany box blue.

What are the differences between these two polishes? Tone. For Audrey is a lighter, softer, white based milk paint kind of creme, the colour is a true Tiffany box blue. Aquadelic is a sharper, slightly deeper, more green toned aqua blue gel based creme.

Both polishes are undeniably beautiful and have lovely formulas. They are sisters but they are not twins. No dupes, here. These comparison swatches are two coats with top coat and shot in sun and shade.

Exhibits A and B, Your Honor:


 In Sun.

In Shade.


Do you own either of these beautiful polishes? China Glaze For Audrey is part of China Glaze's core line and available wherever you can buy China Glaze. Aquadelic is part of the limited edition Spring Electropop collection. All of those polishes have been clearanced out of my local Sally Beauty Supply but you should be able to find it here and there. I have seen it on Amazon and various e-tailer sites and it should be floating around on E-Bay, as well. 

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a fantastic Thursday and may your polish never bubble. 

10 comments:

  1. ahhh these are so pretty and my fav colors. My nickname used to be Aqua so now seeing Aquadelic I hereby proclaim myself Aquadelic! LOL! Erika, you are a pro at describing every facet of a polish. You sure are helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have both of these--For Audrey for sure but I can't remember where I ended up on Aquadelic. I might have been sensible for once and left it in the store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely sensible when it comes to polish shopping. LOL Both of these are definitely worth owning but if you have one, you don't NEED both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Allyson. :)


    You should get your namesake polish. Everyone needs too have their namesake polish. Mine is a Zoya that I love. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting these swatches, Erica. If I have to choose, and I do since I just took advantage of Zoya's BOGO (big time!), I will get For Audrey. And while we are on the subject of names, do you know of any brand of polish that has my name, Sandra/Sandy? I've seen Sandy Beach and others like it used, but never just Sandra or Sandy. Thanks. Now I am off to investigate Zoya's version of your name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good comparison. Thanks. I do own both and I cannot wear Audrey on it's own. It's too chalky white on me which is something I know is at issue for my skin tone, esp when it's in the light blue range...Audrey is not as bad as into true powder blues - it's got a touch of green that saves it for me, but still not a great look for me. Aquadelic was the first I bought from it's collection. I had reservations thinking it was too bright for the time it came out - right after holiday and all the bright shades I was not ready to wear, but my eyes like them for later down the road. Have to say when I need what most would use a powder blue for, I reach for Aquadelic because I can wear it. I doubt I will ever find a powder blue I can wear so this one is it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was my pleasure. :)


    I don't know what line has your namesake polish. I would imagine that Zoya does, or will, in future. I hope that you find one and that it is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how the base tone can effect the hue and how it looks on our different skin tones, isn't it? I can't wear a lot of the tan, cafe-au-lait type colours, they make my hands look like lobster claws. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I went to Sally's Beauty Supply because they were having a clearance sale. All the clearance products must have been abducted by aliens or the kids from South Park. So, to justify the half-gallon of gas I spent, I bought For Audrey. I only swatched it so far, but I do like it. So, thanks again for a great post, Erica! I will think of you every time I wear it, as I do so many polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D