Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Orly Flash Glam FX Brave: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

I bought a few of the new Orly Flash Glam glitters a while back. I bought three; Brave, Sashay My Way and Mermaid Tail. Today I am going to show Brave.

Orly Brave is a pretty purple/pink shifting holo bar glitter in a thick, slightly pink tinted suspension base. I suspect that the pink tint is a result of some bleeding by the glitter as it doesn't seem deliberate. No worries, tho. It dries perfectly clear.

I applied one coat, then patted and placed additional glitter where it was needed. This is shown over one coat of Wet-N-Wild Black Creme an topped with Gelous. These photographs were shot under my OttLight.








Orly Brave is pretty and not too problematic, as glitters of this ilk go. I got decent glitter dispersal on my first coat then just picked up a little extra on my brush and patted a little more where it was needed. Dry time is pretty good, one coat of Gelous made it pretty smooth, I imagine that topped with Seche Vite, it would be so crazy glossy it would be unbelievable.

Overall, I like the Orly Flash Glam FX glitters but in my not so humble opinion, these polishes are not worth ten bones a pop. I will most likely only buy more if I catch a sale.

Do you own any of these polishes? Like them? Please do tell.

Thank you for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

8 comments:

  1. I was kindof waiting for a sale too.  Love them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, but I do kind of like bar glitter!  not this pink one-but in general

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any bar glitter, but I do like the look of it, and the colour on this one is gorgeous!  I'm a little wary of Orly though - I only own one, and I was really disappointed with it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Orlys are so gorgeous! I just wish they weren't bar glitter. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many aren't. :D I have a swatch coming up with nary a bar glitter to be seen. It's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try some bar glitter. :D I wasn't too sure of it but over time I have grown a little fond of it. Don't let one polish put you off Orly, you might have gotten a dud, as I have many and the vast majority are really fabulous. Of course, not ever brand works for everyone but I urge you to try more Orly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am liking it, too. I like pink. I think that Orly is doing bar glitters in other colours than pink. Sashay May Way is a gold hex and bar glitter. (I'll be showing it, soon.) 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah... I like this line of glitters but man! The price! ten clams a pop is spendy. I buy them when Orly is on sale at Sally's and I have coupons. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D