Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Opening Ceremonies Nails

Hello gentle readers.

So, tonight (here in the U.S.) is the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. I am a big old dork and I love the Olympics. I am pretty glued to my TV from the Opening Ceremonies right through to Closing and when I can't sit on my tail feathers and watch, my DVR is going so hard that it smokes. To celebrate, I did my version of an Olympics manicure. I thought about nail art. Then thought not. My last few forays into nail art (save dots and roses) haven't come out so well, actually (if you don't believe me, go back a bit and feast your eyes on my Fourth of July nails... yeah... told you so) and I wasn't in the mood to spend all of that time and effort only to have globs of ugly on my fingertips. I decided to do a layered look instead and since everyone is going for the gold, I did gold nails.

This manicure is two coats of OPI Glitzerland topped with one coat of China Glaze Cleopatra and sealed with Seche Vite. Photos were taken in my lightbox, Some big, fat old clouds came across the sun just as I was ready to take pictures. I was kind of pissed, 'cause this is like bah-bling! in the sun.










What events are you most looking forward to seeing? I am a big fan of the equestrian events (of course! :D), gymnastics, diving, some of the swimming, tennis and some of the shooting events.

I don't plan to do individual swatch/review posts of these two polishes anytime soon. However, if you would like to see either on it's own, let me know and I'll be happy to swatch it for you.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading, today. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. I love the Olympics too, and wanted to do a special manicure, but I'm also terrible at nail art.  What I ended up doing was putting one color from the Olympic rings on each finger (in order, so each hand goes blue, yellow, black, green, red).  Then I put a tip of Essie As Gold as it Gets and gold glitter on each one.   It looked crazy when each finger was just a different color, but I'm kind of in love with it after I put the gold on. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so pretty. I like the idea of skittles with gold glittery tips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleopatra is stunning! It is just so shiny and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it gorge?!?! It's gold glitter and tiny blue and bronze bits... As pretty as it is in pictures, it is mind blowing in person. This is the first time I have worn it and I can't keep my eyes off of it. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you are going for the gold! I too really enjoy the Olympics. I have seen parts of the opening ceremonies already thanks to some access codes given me from folks in Europe to get into live feed off their TV stations. It's due to start in my time zone in another 30 mins now. I don't think I could possibly put up with the glitter on top of the OPI. I am trying hard not to use glitters now days...I really hate taking it off. Also find I tend to get really board with the look in <24 hrs once I do get the glitter on so the extra time it buys me in a mani pedi id not really 'wanted' effect I guess you could say. Fav event looking forward to this Olympics??? I think the women's gymnastics is going to be good and a surprise..we expect the US mens gymnastics to do well and yet when there is that much speculation, seems the team so hopefull falls flat due to something. Track is always exciting to me. Also love watching the amazing divers, water polo, volleyball - gosh...when do we get to see surfing added to the summer Olympics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surfing would be good. As long as the host city was close to the ocean. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous :) I like this combo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when you're all ready to shoot sun shots and the stupid cloud comes and ruins your shot!  ARRGGHH!!! HAHAH!  THe Ott lite is cool but I so prefer the Sun shot!  I like the diving and the gymnastics, but sadly have not really been paying much attention at all.  The Winter games are more my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep. Monsoon Season is a tough time to go on swatching binges. :P 

    I am not catching as many of the events as I had wanted to, they have everything so spread out on a thousand channels and the Internet that it's hard to find. Blech. But I am watching Gymnastics, some swimming and I want to see some diving. 

    I love Winter games. I am an avid figure skating fan and I really enjoy watching the ski races and the ski jumping. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D