Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, July 9, 2012

One Bad Polish

Hello gentle readers.

If you see the most recent release of the scented Revlon polishes in your local store, my personal advice to you would be to turn around and run. I should have. I didn't. I ended up with this mess on my nails. 

Three coats and Seche Vite shot in late afternoon sun. 






Revlon Apricot Pastry is a soft, golden apricot jelly. I actually really liked the colour. It is a departure from my usual polish choices but the formula is an absolute horror show. It streaked, it dragged, it pulled bald patches, it bubbled in wide, dark streaks, it dried so. slowly. that I had another 5% grey in my hair before this shit was cured hard on my tips. 

Yuk. 

Squared.

This and the other shade, Mint Gelatto, went back. 

Revlon. When they get it right, they get it really right. When they get it wrong, it is a spectacular failure. And I never know, from one bottle to the next of their polish I purchase just what I am going to get. I got screwed, this time, around. 

Do you own this polish? Does it behave better for you then it did for me? Am I just too harsh? 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble. 

17 comments:

  1. Yes, I also have a horrible experience with this nail polish color, it is very sheer, runny, and bubbles like crazy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only scented polish I've used from Revlon is Cotton Candy and I had a tough time with the formula as well. It pretty much sucked, but thankfully the color was pretty enough to deal with it. I probably won't be wearing it any time soon though. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I have so far managed to avoid getting anything from this year's scented Revlon display, and now I won't be tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of the mess, but actually, I am still really interested in what this smells like, because the name sounds like a really yummy smell! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy. That's all I can say here. Oy. At least you were able to return them. And lucky for me that I am not a fan of scented nail polish and never have been. I get migraines, and cannot even tolerate walking through the cosmetics section of a dept. store. So, no scented polish for me. And for you, either, I assume. Sorry that you had to be frustrated with this bottle of crap. ;(     

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried a Revlon scented polish last summer and had the same issue only mine was in the garbage within minutes of first trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie RichardsonJuly 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM

    I bought the Grape Fizz scented, it was very very sheer but over black, it looked amazing. But within a few hours I had to remove it. The scent was too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scent on these polishes doesn't bother me but the formula on this one sure did. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always return them... Why eat the expense when I could have the money back to get something that I will like and use? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny, I am also beset with migraines but I am not triggered by scents. Mine are triggered by alcohol, certain foods, atmospheric conditions and the fact that my head is a total butt. lol 

    That polish was crap and I am happy to be rid of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It smells somewhat fruity with a slightly vanilla under currant. And the smell of polish chemicals, of course... :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so welcome. I'm glad that I saved you from these nasty polishes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found Cotton Candy difficult to deal with, as well. I haven't had good luck with the scented polishes. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a nasty one, for sure. 

    ReplyDelete
  15. YIKES dude!  What's going on with your pinky polish!  Looks like what I have coming up on Saturday!  We should have done these together!  You know I don't do drugstore brands-and this just proves my point!

    ReplyDelete
  16. De-lurking to say that I *just* bought one of these today, Fig Jam, and it went on and dried like a dream.  Odd, eh?  I almost bought the mint one too, glad I didn't!  As a bonus I got it for 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i bought the strawberry cream from this collection and it was streaky so it needed 3 coats. then it took hours to dry so i ended up getting dents and marks on the polish and took it off a few hours later cause i hate having messed up polish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D