Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Franken Fun: Mad Housewife Glitters Miniseries... The Conclusion

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have my final franken in my little series of frankened glitter polishes. When I was thinking of naming these polishes, the name for this one was the first one to come to mind and was, in fact the inspiration for the names of all three polishes and for the miniseries.

Those of us who live with someone who shaves (or shaves, themselves ;)) will grok this one, I am sure.

Shaving Cream and Stubble. "Yuk!" I hear you thinking. "Why the hell would anyone name a polish after something so nasty?"

You tell me what can drive a housewife mad faster than walking into her otherwise pristine bathroom and finding her normally shining sink festooned in splats of dried shaving cream speckled with stubble.

Now, you get it. :D

True story: Happened to me. Once. I pitched such a high holy hissy fit, it never happened again. My husband now carefully cleans the sink and polishes the faucet after his morning ablutions. In fact, that man actually keeps his bathroom nice and clean. The only bathroom I ever have to clean is my own. Yes, indeedy. Train them well. And early, kids. A little effort early on pays huge dividends in the long run, my pets.

Enough gloating. On to the polish. Shaving Cream and Stubble was born of my attempt to create a super sparkly white glitter polish for my Fourth of July nails. Didn't happen but I did come up with a polish that reminded me of the Color Club Starry Temptress glitters from last Summer. This franken is a crelly base packed with small silvery holo square glitter. The glitter is buried within, deep, not sparkly, but present. This swatch is three coats and Gelous to top it off. I shot these photographs under my OttLight. I had real focus issues with this one... Don't ask me why. I shot what felt like a million pictures and these were the best of the lot.






I constructed this franken from some Wet-N-Wild small square glitter, some white striper polish and thinner. It's a weird mix, thin, yet creamy, glittery and just... This applies nicely, settles into place without complaint and doesn't run, pool or drag. This is another one that needs to be inverted as I go. If I were seriously into frankening, I wold invest in suspension base, settling glitters kind of irritate me. This polish was a tad streaky on coat one, by coat two it was smooth and even but still a bit too translucent. By the time I got to the third, it was fully opaque. I do wonder if this will dry well. Usually, by the time I finish photographing a polish it is, if not dry-dry it's well on it's way. This one was still pretty wet. I am going to have to test run this with Seche Vite. Probably should have, before I debuted this baby.

But I suck.

So, there it is.

This concludes my miniseries of franken glitters. What do you think? Are you inspired to create your own mixtures? Are you dreaming of dumping a duochrome into a holo? constructing the perfect glitter? Perhaps creating your own perfect teal? A sublime burgundy? A sexy, just for you red? A little hint... Start small. Work on a paper plate or other disposable surface and mix tiny quantities. A brush full here, a droplet, there then test on nail wheels. It is easier and less frustrating than committing to full bottles of stuff which can swiftly waste a lot of otherwise nice polish if you end up creating a dog or six. Not that I would know anything about that. *whistles innocently and looks around*

Thank you ever so much for popping in and reading. Have a great weekend and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. The PolishHoochieJuly 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM

    This is beautiful!!!! I love the name as well, that is so funny - been there (with sink nastiness) and reacted same as you did. Once I pitched my fit, it never happened again LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name - it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous and my favorite of the three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am totally inspired! All three of them are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like this one-wait-don't faint- are you there?  I just have to say that if it's HIS bathroom, can't he leave it messy?  If you have his and hers-why not let his get all skeevy?  Please don't freak out-I'm just wondering.  But I do know how nasty that is and don'tblame you one bit. They do need early and consistent training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one a lot! The name is just awesome and fits it so well! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I trained him back when we shared a bathroom and I wasn't having the skeevy, no way, no how. Now that he has his own (shared with our son) he (and Patrick) keep it clean.  :D 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, thanks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I thought it would go well with the theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. Yeah... They need to learn. The sooner, the better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Frankening is fun. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D