Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Franken Fun: Mad Housewife Glitters Miniseries

Hello gentle readers.

Happy Friday the 13th! I love Friday the 13th. I am not superstitious so to me, Friday the 13th just feels like a special day. Like a holiday, or something.

Found on Facebook.


Today is day two of my three day miniseries showing my recent glitter frankens. This is my grey franken named Empty the Dust Cup! I came up with this name because the dusty grey base reminded me of the dust that I regularly empty from the dust cup of my vacuum cleaner. Occasionally, something that shouldn't have been, something precious can be sucked up by my vacuum and I find it in my dust cup. Kind of like the glitter in the grey base.

The glitters in this polish are the same ones in Mad Housewife, there is a bit less glitter and the grey calms it and dulls but doesn't kill it. Now and again, a bit will come forward and offer a lone, bright spark.

This swatch is three coats with Gelous atop it and was shot under my OttLight.

And what the hell is it with my camera making my fingers look like fried Snausages, lately? Gah!!! It's driving me nuts. That damned thing is seriously mucking with my skin tone and I don't appreciate it. Not one little bit. Time to play around with it and see what I can do. Bleargh.






The formula on Empty the Dust Cup! is a little thinner, more jelly than Mad Housewife. I needed to apply three coats to get this one opaque and it required a couple of more inversion sessions to suspend the glitters fully. Other than that, this one is pretty good and was joyfully easy to paint onto my nails.

Did I do okay with this one? I know that the glitter is a repeat but I am hoping that the different base colour kind of makes up for that a little.

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the sparse blue glitter and the gray color is gorgeous! I love it, but I might love it more without the bar glitter.  Another amazing franken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAY! I love Friday the 13th too!  Because I love horror movies and this day they usually show them on TV!  WOOHOO One more reason for me to love you!  You're my twin!  This franken is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I gave you an award on my blog: http://purrrpolish.blogspot.nl/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely...it's a jelly sand. in a bottle! I love the gray base. It's shades of gray (no pun intended) of the OPI NYC Ballet gray only darker..and I use that gray for my own jelly sands. all the time. If the glitter collection here is a repeat - no matter to me! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the quality I like best, one step jelly sammie. :D I am lusting after the OPI NY Ballet collex and it will be mine. Soon. I just dumped in the glitter I had in a couple of failed frankens. The glitter was perfectly good, the frankens were a hot mess. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. And thank you so much for the award! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much. I think that bar glitter is a love it or hate it kind of thing. I have grown to like it, in controlled doses. And it was in the frankens I use to formulate these so... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sister from another mister. :D 

    And, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D