Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

China Glaze Pink Plumeria: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have for you the second polish from the Summer Neon Collection that I purchased. Pink Plumeria. I just love that name. It rolls off of my tongue, it swims through my mind. The name is smooth. The name tickles my fancy. Tickles. Pink.

My mind is a terrible place in which to waste time.

So let's not, shall we?

China Glaze Pink Plumeria is more neon than Ride the Waves. This polish has more neon type pigment and has that neon fluorescent effect. It is also pink. A warm, soft, almost leaning coral pink. With shimmer. Lots of beautiful, subtle shimmer. This is an unusual and very pretty pink neon polish. If you like pink, if you like shimmer and you are glomming on the whole neon thing, this Summer you might need to get this one.

Okay, 'nuff of this raggle baggle. I know what you really want.




 I used Autocorrect while cropping and sharpening these photographs in order to show some of that lovely glow-y neon effect.

This is yet some more China Glaze neon yummy stuff. The formula is downright decent and application didn't give me too much trouble. It was a teensy bit streaky on the first coat but otherwise... It was great. I needed three coats for full opacity and like most neons I have met, dries satin matte. Top coat brings out the shine and the shimmah and makes this beauty glow and live. So use top coat.

This is one of my rare right hand swatches. I am slowly working on my swatching on my dominant hand technique. I want to become a Two Handed Swatcher of Death, like my swatch idol, Scrangie. I am sure that you are all already following Scrangie but if not, you can find her blog and her fabulous swatches here. And if you click over, you see that Nars Storm Bird polish she has on feature, right now. I waaaaant that polish! If for no other reason, that fabulous name. Oh, yeah. Sometimes I buy a polish for it's name. Don't judge me and don't even try to tell me that you never have. I won't believe you.

Anywhoozle. China Glaze Pink Plumeria. Pretty. Neon. Shimmer. Yeah. This is out, now and should be available where you find China Glaze. I would suggest Amazon, I saw it there, recently. (No, I am not affiliated, I am not pimping for them, I just buy a lot of polish from there. ;))

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. I have something fun brewing in my head. Something that I think my readers are going to enjoy. I just need to flesh out how to make it work and pick up the prizes. And that is all I will say about that. For now.

Oh yeah, have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

18 comments:

  1. I love this one!! I am going to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one! Would you say its sort of close in pink, tone-wise, to flip flopfantasy (minus the shimmer)!? and yes, I too am guilty of buying a polish solely for the name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well how perfect that you have such a beautiful popping pink today ! I have cut all my nails off, starting over, had too many bad spots and weak spots. I think my nails just need a rest period, lots of moisturizing and pampering. And oh heck yes the names gets me and I'm almost ashamed to admit it but so does the packaging. The shape of the bottle and the height and all figure into a purchase. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really great on you. I was goners by the photos of this shade on. Despite I needed none of the new neons I got sucked in and bought all 12 when I am supposed to be on a no buying thing! Go figure. Now I have all my neons together and it's looking ridiculous...way too many neons pinks. I have not worn but 2 of the old ones so that's why I say I don't need neons - I like looking at 'em in the bottle and on others and then never wear them myself but for 2....sooo maybe I should put mine in the sell area as I desperately need to thin down my collection more than just the massive amts of dup/back up bottles. My house is tiny tiny and I have zero room. Fall is looking better for me as so many of the shades I have seen I have. So maybe I will do better with a no buy some fall???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one stunning neon!! I LOVE it!! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's spelled Plumeria ;) I really want that polish, I've been lemming Flip Flop Fantasy forever and this seems close.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that Nars polish better in the bottle than on the nail!  And yes you are a dork and I worry about what goes on in that mind of yours-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee. I may still buy that polish just for that fabulous name. I can't get it out of my head. That is a bad thing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. Pffft! Why did I spell it with an "a"? I'll go correct it. Cripes! I am so embarrassed!! I kind of want Flip Flop Fantasy, I am back and forth on it, every time I see it. I'll probably grab it, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you. I like this one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall has the best polishes... Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep. I am a packaging ho. For sure. LOL This is pretty, it would look nice on your fresh new nubbies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honestly, I can't say. I don't own Flip Flop Fantasy. If I pick it up, I'll do a comparison, tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I think you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D