Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Monday, July 30, 2012

China Glaze Call of the Wild and Desert Sun: Swatches and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I am beginning my series on the China Glaze On Safari Collection for Autumn 2012. On safari as a twelve bottle collection comprised of rich, Fall shades in a variety of finishes including jellies, cremes, shimmers and glitters. A wide variety of colours waits to delight your eyes and decorate your tips.

I don't buy full collections all that often but I knew the moment I saw the first images of this collection all those months ago that I had to have this one. I ordered my set from an Amazon seller, this collection is available at Sally Beauty Supply, Ulta, various e-tailers, anywhere you can buy China Glaze.

Okay, lets get to the fun part.

First up is Call of the Wild. Rich, warm, Hershey's chocolate syrup brown jelly. This is two coats.






Next in line is Desert Sun. This one is a beautiful, warm butterscotch sauce crelly. I don't usually do well with shades like this but there is just enough of a hint of red in this to make it work with my skin tone. This is two coats.





The formula on both of these polishes is splendid. Smooth, silky, biddable and easy to work with. Application was a dream and these self leveled very nicely, too. Dry time was good. Even with the not fast dry top coat I use for swatching purposes, these were set to go by the time I had applied and taken the photographs. Call me impressed.

Now, I admit, brown isn't my usual colour of choice, in fact I usually avoid it like the plague but I am trying to be more open minded and learn to appreciate polish colours I otherwise wouldn't wear. I have to say... These are gorgeous. I am kind of liking these and could see myself wearing them. Maybe.

What do you think of these first two polishes? Are you a fan of rich, warm brown and butterscotch? Do you own these? Think that you might like to? Do tell.

Thank you for stopping in and reading. Have a lovely day and may your polish never bubble.

10 comments:

  1. I love browns and I need to pick these two up. SOON! Call of the Wild looks like the perfect melted chocolate color. I think I need both it AND chocolate now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail polish and chocolate... I could hang with that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desert Sun looks amazing on you! I picked up that one and Exotic Encounters and I can't wait to use them =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get Desert Sun. Love the colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. It is pretty scrumptious, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices. :) Exotic Encounter is a beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Desert Sun. It's a shade I have liked in clothing, etc for yrs. This one fits between some other shades I have had for a long time like OPI and Apple Pie and OPI's Ginger Bells - both favs for fall in my stash. This one is a shade I wished Essie had in their fall 2011 collection that was based on purses. This shade to me looks a lot like a great shade of a British Tan kind of purse/belt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I like this, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYAYAYAY BROWN NAIL POLISH!  WOOHOO!  You should really learn to love this lusciousness!  Anywho-I did not buy any of this collection even though I did love most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying... I really am. And I have to say, I am warming up to these. They are pretty luscious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D