Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Orly Space Cadet: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

As most of you probably know, I am an absolute fiend for any polishes that are full of shimmery, duochrome goodness. Imagine my delight when I finally, just recently acquired Orly Space Cadet from their 2010 Cosmic FX Collection. I have been lemming this polish since the first whispers of this collections hit the blogwaves, way back in early 2010. I finally ordered it from Amazon and boy, am I ever glad that I did. This polish is full of win.

A dark bluey-green jelly swims with duochrome glass fleck that shifts purple and green, even flashes of gold, pink and a hint of blue. When you put your nails close together, they reflect and fire off one another in beautiful green flashes. This polish sparkles, glows, dances and shimmers madly, delightedly in the sun and it doesn't look so bad in shade and indoors, either.

This swatch is two coats and no top coat. Just didn't need it. It may look a little sheer in these shots, in person you don't see that unless you are scrutinizing it out in direct sun. I don't mind it, if it bugs you, a quick third coat would make that go away. These are sunshine shots.





Oh my. Just look at the shift, the sparkle, the way my nails fire that bright green where they reflect off one another. *sigh*

Why did I wait so long to acquire this beautiful. polish? I am happy that I finally have it and, it was worth the wait, both because of how it looks and the formula. The formula... Is... Splendid. Smooth for a glass fleck, easy to handle and apply, this baby flows off the brush, sits sweetly down where it is placed, slips up the nail and stays put. There is no raggle baggle with this polish; no dragging, streaking, running, pooling, bubbling or other such nonsense. Dry time is reasonably decent. A good fast dry top coat would improve that even more. I skipped top coat for this swatch as it just wasn't necessary but when I wear this beauty, I will use it.

So, what do you think about Orly Space Cadet? Like it? Do you own it? If you think that you might like to, it is available. Space Cadet was part of a limited edition collection but if you look for it, you can still find it. I purchased mine from an Amazon seller and, with shipping paid just about regular retail, which for this collection was ten dollars a bottle, US. Fair enough, in my opinion for a discontinued, LE polish. Shop around and you should find just as good a deal. Don't let anyone rook you into paying an outrageous amount, mmmkaaay? It isn't necessary. Not yet.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have yourself a wonderful day and may your polish never bubble.

12 comments:

  1. This looks so great on you!!! Your pics are awesome!! I have this one, but I think it looks way better on you than on me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't think that it does, I think that it must look fabulous on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Space Cadet and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It's fabulous, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this polish! It's one of my favorites. It's so complex and cool. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Complex and cool is a perfect description. It's gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this one? I guess I wasn't so into polish then as I am now. Considering I am now a Space Cadet in many ways, pun intended, I should purchase this. I will visit Amazon; they know me well.  Lovely polish, looks gorgeous on you, Erica. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much. :D You should have this, if it speaks to you. *nods wisely* 

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had it and think I gave it away-you should have told me I would have given it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, that's sweet of you. :) You didn't care for it, huh? 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D