Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

So, who is a pageant fan? I am not so much. Nothing against them, really. They just bore me. I liked them when I was a teenager. I never missed a Miss America Pageant but I outgrew my fascination with them as I passed out of my teens.

I haven't lost my fascination for nail polish, tho. Especially polish that is made up of royal blue micro glitter swimming in a deep blue jelly base. This polish looks like a blue foil to the casual eye but up close you can see down into the darkness between the glitter particles that gives this polish incredible depth and dimension. There is a hint of duochrome to this polish and it really freaked out my poor old camera.

I applied two coats and top coat for this swatch and shot it in the sun.







This is like... Soooo gorgeous. So is the formula. OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! applied beautifully; it went on smooth and easy, no dragging ro streaking or bubbles happened. I had not much cleanup with this polish as it is so easy to control. I like that. A lot. Dry time is quick and this polish dries more matte than normal polishes, a good top coat is needed for maximum shine and sparkle.

One little work of caution: Use a good base coat. A couple of coats, in fact and be very careful in how you remove this polish. Don't scrub and swirl it all over the place with your remover soaked cotton. When I did this swatch, I skipped base coat and was wild with how I took it off and it made me pay, this polish Smurfed my ass. Well, my fingers, anyway. It stained my nails and fingers. Happily, my nails were clear of it after a couple of swatches and plenty of remover and I used acetone on my skin and washed my hands and got rid of the blue there. I am not knocking this polish, I knew better than to be careless. Blue polish, especially very pigmented blue polish stains a bit. It is just the nature of the beast. Just remember that and treat this stuff with respect.

So, what do you think of the oh-so-beautiful OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! Do you love it? Not so much? If you are in the mood to paint your tips or toes with this beautiful hue, it is still pretty easy to find. I got mine on Amazon. You can check E-Bay and various beauty supplies and the like.

Thank you for stopping by and reading. Have a terrific day and may your polish never bubble.

30 comments:

  1. ohhh ! I was wondering what would pop up here on my birthday and you picked one of my fav colors! :D Thanks for that!!!  Sometimes I just want to immerse myself in that color and any kind of aqua/turquoise color. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has been on my wishlist for so long, it's such a beautiful color! Good to know about the staining though, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your Birthday? Well Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebecca! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I'm glad that my post featured a fave for your special day. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beauty, for sure. Like many blue polishes, this one can stain a bit, if you aren't careful. Happily, the stains don't last. A little work gets rid of them quickly. You won't be walking around looking like Mama Smurf, or anything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished wearing this for the first time! It's so beautiful. It was perfect but the removal was a bit of a pain. My nails didn't get stained that bad, I mainly just had smurf hands from the pigmentation. Totally worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Smurfed my ass" is the BEST descriprtor for this polish's staining abilities EVER :-)

    I LOVE this color, I'm glad to see others do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome:D after all it's OPI, they have so many brilliant polishes! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG-I have this polish on right now!  I have my nails and toes done for my school's graduation our colors are blue and yellow so I have that blue on with painted yellow flowers

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is one of my allllllllllllll time favorite polishes!!!!  SOOO glad I have two bottles!!!! Beautiful swatch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. definitely not a pageant fan.. bleh... but this color??  LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had thesame staining issues, and now I am afraid of wearing it...should give it a try tough, it is awesome, maybe a layer of basecoat and topcoat before applying the polish...hmmm interesting idea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. May work. A lot of intensely blue polishes stain, I expect it when I wear blue and I deal with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, pageants just don't do it for me. I know a lot of people love them and I am not judging, by any means. They just bore me. lol This polish is supah gorge. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a fan. :D Thank you for your kind words. 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo! That sounds like such a pretty graduation mani-pedi. 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, so do I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so shiny it nearly killed my poor little camera. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. They sure do. I love OPI, the vast majority of their polishes are full of win. I rarely run into a dog, with this brand. 

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you. I try to be descriptive... :D

    I love this, too and it is worth a little transient staining. 

    ReplyDelete
  22. This stuff is perfect, but removal... lol I agree that it is worth it. And the staining doesn't last. A little acetone, a good hand wash or two and it is gone, so yeah. I can live with it. Sometimes you just have to suffer to be beautiful. That's what my mother says. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. so pretty!  I've taken to wearing white or pale gray under blue polish...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooo! Good idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to see pics of your Smurfed ass!!!!  I'd pay money for that!  HAHAHAHAH.  I have NEVER loved those pageants-never understood them.  But I do have this color and it is stunning!  I figure that most blue polish smurfs you-so I just plan for extra remover!  

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that color all year:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D