Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OPI Pink Friday: Swatch and Review

Hello gentle readers.

Today I have a beautiful pink polish to share with you. Say hello to OPI Pink Friday from the Spring Nicki Minaj Collection. I didn't think that I would get any polishes from that collection, mainly because I have attitude about celebrity collaborations so imagine my shock when I ended up buying three. I have already shown the other two, the final one is Pink Friday, a sweet, slightly edgy blue based whitened pink creme. This is pink with a touch of bad girl. It is modern but has a sixties mod kind of feel to it. I really, really like this colour. I applied three coats for this swatch and topped it, out of necessity with Seche Vite.






See what I mean about this shade? It is just fantastic. Too bad the formula isn't so fantastic. I don't usually have difficulty with OPI polishes, not even cremes but Pink Friday was just as bratty as it is pink. This polish dragged, went streaky, pulled bald spots and required three coats and a thick topper of Seche Vite to get it to the point that I could photograph it. I was not amused. I am not giving up on it, tho. Sometimes, I have difficulty with a polish then try it again and it behaves like a darling so before I consign Pink Friday to the Land of Bratty Polishes, I will give it another chance. I may hit it with a bit of thinner and see if that makes it a little more biddable. I am planning to do that with some of my Essies, so I can do this one at the same time.

I really, really want the formula on this polish to work out for me in the end because this is one of my favourite pinks on my collection and I want to wear it. And love it. And enjoy it. If I have to fuss with it and play with the formula a little to do so, I will.

What do you think of Pink Friday? Do you own it? Love it? Does it behave well for you? If you are interested in acquiring it for yourself, it should still be available, here and there. The last time I perused OPI on Amazon, I saw a listing for it at a good price and you should be able to find it on E-Bay and in some stores.

Thank you so much for popping in and reading. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble.

9 comments:

  1. that's pretty close to pink perfection! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a pretty pink!  I'm the same way about celebrity collaborations, I usually steer very, very clear of them - but I think I might have to snag this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it, tho? I loves it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celeb collaborations usually leave me cold, I don't know why I ended up needed these so much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way about some of my Essie polishes. I hadn't thought of adding thinner to them for some reason. I just posted some swatches of the Poppy-Razzi collection on my blog and the color Action is absolutely HORRIBLE. Not sure if I got a bad bottle or what. Maybe some thinner would work? But it was already quite runny.

    Sorry. I got off topic. I do not own this color, but it IS lovely. Although I'm not a huge fan of pink, I could possibly pull this one off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely pastel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen StelmackerJune 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

    I have a few different brands of polishes that try to look like this colour and none of them seem to be a great formula. Maybe it is a hard colour to make ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I really like this colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It could be. I have found that many creamy, white based pastels are problematic. Maybe it is the pigments that they have to use to achieve the tone. I don't know much about the physics of blending polish so I can't say for sure. I do wish that they could come up with a way to have that gorgeous colour in a smoother, more biddable formula. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D