Click the Pretty Buttons! It's fun!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

OPI Thanks a Windmillion and Dutch Ya Just Love OPI?

Hello gentle readers.

So, it is getting hot where you are? It is now consistently in the mid to upper eighties for a high, here. Nights are so pleasant, windows open, breezes wafting in. I like this time of year, when Spring is transitioning into Summer. It is warm and lovely but not too hot, the nights are still cool, the mornings gorgeous.

I recently grabbed two of my untried OPI polishes and decided to do a two colour skittle type manicure, alternating the two colours across, from pinkie to pinkie. I chose Thanks a Windmillion, a lovely dusty light green creme and Dutch Ya Just Love OPI? a rich purple packed with a wonderful copper-rose shimmer.

I had a lot of fun with this manicure. The two polishes worked so well together and it was fun and different from what I normally wear. I received several lovely compliments on both the polishes and the combination of the colours on my nails. I even had a couple of gals say that they were going to try wearing their polish that way. Does that mean that I am a local trendsetter?

I applied two coats of both of these polishes and topped them with Seche Vite.






Both photos taken in full sun. Look how creamy that green is and get an eyeful of the shimmah in that purple!

The formula on these polishes was a mixed bag. Thanks a Windmillion was a little snotty, at first. The first coat was a tad streaky, wanted to drag and clot. The second coat was much better. It went on like a dream, self leveled beautifully and ended up looking danged near perfect. So, this polish definitely redeemed it's self.  Dry time was very good. As was the wear time. I wore this for a full three days before I cracked a nail and was forced to remove my polish so that I could repair it. 

Dutch Ya Just Love OPI was a little better behaved. This polish is a crelly and it was a tad streaky and uneven on the first coat but application was smooth and easy. The second coat painted on like buttah, leaving behind it silky perfection. Dry time on this one is also terrific. Seche Vite just made that even better. This polish had slightly less stellar wear; by the third day, it was starting to look a little beat up whereas Thanks a Windmillion was still going pretty strong. The shorter wear isn't a deal breaker. I change my polish frequently, and as long as I get a couple of good days out of a polish, I am pretty happy. I like these two polishes. A lot. 

I have a handful of the polishes from this collection and I am planning to glom on to a few more before I am done. Have you bought any of these lovely polishes? What do you think of them? Are you as enchanted by the colours and names as I am? Please do tell. 

Thank you so much for popping in. Have a great day and may your polish never bubble. 

15 comments:

  1. Love this mani! The colors go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these two together!!  I picked up Dutch Ya, but got frustrated when applying it.  I'll try again soon.  Think it just wasn't a good polish day.  My favorite from this collection is Pedal Faster Suzi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dutch Ya Just Love OPI is on my wishlist:)  I have Pedal Faster Suzi and Thanks A Windmillion and was very impressed!  They look great together on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bad polish days, too. One day a polish will be a perfect butt and the next time I try it, it's perfect. Don't give up on Don't Ya. It is a little iffy on that first coat then it is just perfect on the second. Try a little thicker coat, that worked very well for me. :) I haven't picked up Pedal Faster, yet. I am on the fence about that one. 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. :) Dutch Ya is really lovely. That shimmer is amazeballz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look fantastic together! I'm surprised at how the colors complement each other so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed these two together. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol they really match well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't give up.  Thanks for the pep talk ;0).  I'm such a pink lover so Pedal Faster was right up my alley. So glad I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been thinking about getting Dutch Ya Just Love OPI. How similar is it to Zoya - Tru?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish that I could tell out. I don't own the Zoya. 

    *Damn my inadequate collection, anyway!*

    But Dutch Ya is really, really pretty. I recommend it. :D 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. I like how they worked together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome. I hope that the polish behaves better, in future. I may still get Pedal Faster. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the time you take out of your busy day to read and share your thoughts with me. <3

Please send blog links to me by e-mail. You can find my e-mail address in my Contact tab at the top of my blog page.

Have a fabulous day! :D